Radio Players Meet

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

jacquel

Radio Players Meet

Post by jacquel »

Anyone interested in taking part of the radio players- a truly old time radio show- let's meet on Tuesday at 1 p.m. If you cannot make it, please let me know and I'll keep you updated. We'll meet at the Community Center.
If you have found a script you'd like us to consider, please bring it with you too.

Thank you,
Jacque
jacquel

Post by jacquel »

We met, and are planning another meet Jan. 13 at 7 p.m. at the Community Center. All interested please attend.

Basically, we looked at scripts and are encouraging all to look at some on genericradio.com to bring to discussion. Scripts we looked at include a Burns and Allen, Buck Rogers, The Creaking Door and one of the Lights Out series.

Depending on player numbers we'd like to tape 1-2 a month to be aired whenever the radio station wants to do so. Little rehearsal, no memorization, lots of fun... please join us.

If you can't make it but are still interested, please let me know.

Jacque

P.S. We are considering some for the kids to do too. If you find any, please bring them along. Some have expressed an interest.
BI Community Center

Radio Players Participation--from Cynthia

Post by BI Community Center »

Let's Hope you start feeling better!!

Sundays are fine for me, Wednesdays and any other days as well. Saturday is completely out for me, but don't let that stop things from moving forward.

I am very interested in the Witch Role for Ghost Party...but if someone else steps forward, that is fine.

I would like to thank Kevin Boyle for taking time out to make this happen; and let us all keep in mind that the beauty of the radio play is this:
It may only take one or two read-throughs, then right to record.

I suggest that we get a post out there to have people contact Diane, myself, Phil or Ann to pin down these roles asap. George and Gracie, of course can run right ahead with rehearsals?

WE need Mr. Hinkle, Mrs. Hinkle, Ellen and Jimmy, and the witch for Ghost Party.

Sunday at 2 pm---well, we are looking at 8 or so inches of snow but I can make it there with a key for the Community Center.

Feel free to call me today even at the Community Center, 448-2022. Or on my cell for updates. 517-512-8154.

Cynthia Johnson
Last edited by BI Community Center on Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Beaver Island Community Center...
at the heart of a good community!
PhilBecker

Post by PhilBecker »

Cynthia, we also need cast members for the Burns and Allen radio play. I had not read it before our get together this past week, but when I did, I saw that it also has a short radio play within it, called 'The Tall Man' (a take-off on series 'The Thin Man'). So we also need those characters, too.
BI Community Center

Thank YOU!

Post by BI Community Center »

Thank you, Phil.

And my apologies, for mistakenly posting as the Community Center...it was just me, a possible participant in the Radio Show Microphone Play.

Cynthia
The Beaver Island Community Center...
at the heart of a good community!
capncinde

Radio Players Meet Today at 3 pm

Post by capncinde »

Please join us today at 3 pm at the Community Center...
another organizational meeting and read-through for our first Microphone Play on wvbi.net.

Our group reads and chooses old-tyme radio scripts. After initial read-throughs and a few rehearsals, voila! We record in the studio. These performances take a smaller time comittment than a regular stage play and you don't need to memorize the lines!

We would love to have more participation from the community, so come on down and have a look-see or a listen.

Cynthia Johnson