Ferry information or contact for Upper Peninsula to Island

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Randini

Ferry information or contact for Upper Peninsula to Island

Post by Randini »

Hello,

I reside in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and would like to know of any information or contact for a ferry boat service to the Island. It's a wonderful place! Thanks for your time,

-Ran
Town Crier

Post by Town Crier »

The Beaver Island Boat Company's website is www.bibco.com .
Chamber of Commerce

Post by Chamber of Commerce »

The place for Beaver Island travel info is www.beaverisland.org click Transportation. The Island is served by air and boat. Both air service providers can arrange service direct from the UP. Best wishes from Beaver Island.
Randini

Post by Randini »

Town Crier wrote:The Beaver Island Boat Company's website is www.bibco.com .
I'm specifically looking for Upper Peninsula, not lower peninsula.
-----------------------------------------------------
Chamber of Commerce wrote:Both air service providers can arrange service direct from the UP. Best wishes from Beaver Island.
Air services from the UP are double the boat rates from the lower peninsula, arg.
------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know of a boat service from the UP to beaver island?

-Ran
TjD

U.P. Boat

Post by TjD »

No there is not a ferry boat from the U.P. to Beaver Island. Several years ago there was a rumor that bibco was going to add a run from Manistique. It never materialized.

It would be great if they had a ferry to the U.P. , but don't hold your breath waiting for one.
Randini

Re: U.P. Boat

Post by Randini »

TjD,

That's the sort of answer I was looking for and fearing.

I figure I'll drive the extra 145 miles from Manistique to Charlevoix (3 hrs and $36.00 in gas round) before I spend $160 for flight services for my wife and I. I assume Beaver Island doesn't get as much tourism from the Upper Peninsula ports.

Thanks!

-Ran