She's BACK...Claudia Schmidt 9/26!

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

BI Community Center

She's BACK...Claudia Schmidt 9/26!

Post by BI Community Center »

New Whirled Order: a message direct from Claudia...

Once upon a time, there was a new Red House recording project. Musicians came together, some old friends,
some newly met, and the journey began. The songs took shape, changed, and changed again as they were
explored and listened to, altered and tweaked. It was a humbling and breathtaking experience.

This particular journey was my favorite one yet, for the music created by the gifted generous players and engineers
in deep collaboration, and for the laughter and love that suffused every moment in the studio. It was a healing time.

I offer this collection in memory of my mom, Jane Schmidt, who was my fiercest fan and very present on this journey.
Soon after she died, a friend sent this quote from Kahlil Gibran to my sad self: "When you are sorrowful, look again
in your heart and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight." Indeed.
The Beaver Island Community Center...
at the heart of a good community!
BI Community Center

Post by BI Community Center »

The inimitable Claudia returns to Beaver Island, again with a new CD released! She has recorded nineteen albums of mostly original songs, exploring folk, blues, and jazz, featuring her acclaimed 12-string guitar, mountain dulcimer, and infamous storytelling! There's nothing quite like a show with Claudia...especially on her beloved Beaver Island!

Check out these videos from her new album:

Already
https://youtu.be/Hdmp_XuSC00

Strong Woman has a Bad Day
https://youtu.be/uEvOEenrQWM

www.claudiaschmidt.com
The Beaver Island Community Center...
at the heart of a good community!