Now Channel 7 is gone

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

BobTidmore

Now Channel 7 is gone

Post by BobTidmore »

I signed up for Direct TV but am awaiting the installation person, does anyone have the telephone number? I tried the Direct TV 888 number but they have to deal with our local installer.

I also see TDS is raising the rates for their "High Speed Internet" (their terminology) but you get a credit for a while if you fill out an on-lne form, you still get dinged for $0.25 per month extra.
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Bob, I still have rabbit ears over here on Whiskey but try Tiffany at 859-353-3260 to schedule island installations. :D
Skull&CrossBones
Sharolyn

Post by Sharolyn »

Agree, why have satellite at all. The only thing I want is some local news once a day. They are forcing us to use computers to access the news. The satellite company can blame anyone they want but ultimately they are the ones that will loose the business.
Sharolyn Hunter
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Or paying for shopping channel "service" and dozens of other channels you DON'T want. I would rather have the ability to pick the channels I want at a per channel price and get rid of all the crap!!
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Dump the crap, go back to rabbit ears. :roll: :wink: Life was simpler then and I can still get reruns of Gun Smoke. :shock: :wink:
Skull&CrossBones
CoastieGuy

Post by CoastieGuy »

BMcCaw

If you have Wi-Fi

Post by BMcCaw »

If you have Wi-Fi check out Sling TV on a Roku. I pay 20 bucks. I ditched satellite last year.
https://www.sling.com/
https://www.roku.com/
Brendan McCaw
BobTidmore

Post by BobTidmore »

Not to bad, Direct TV gave me a discount for the 1st year, $150 prepaid credit card, and because they were late scheduling my installation another $100 credit. I did sign up for an international channel but that takes another antenna, I may skip that. Record up to 5 shows at one, the second and third TVâ??s are HD and other neat things I need to read the brochure on.

You have to send the receiver back and Dish will send you a box to package it in, now I know why there are more Dish boxes at the airport then banana boxes!

Talked to the Direct TV guy and he flew over with the Dish technician, he said the poor guy couldnâ??t even pull into a gas station without someone coming over and complaining about their service.

Cancelling was the expected 4+ transfers to other â??operatorsâ?￾ but they were nice and were just doing their job.

Bigger antenna and not totally happy with location itâ??s to snare the satellite signal but thatâ??s life.
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Bob, Did the 859 number work for you to schedule installation? If you ever want to watch channel 7, come on over. I'll whip up some microwave popcorn and then attach the aluminum foil between the rabbit ears and you'll think I have HD. :D :shock: :roll: :wink:
Skull&CrossBones
BobTidmore

Post by BobTidmore »

Yep 859 number worked and forgot to give you credit, thanks. Now have local channels 7 + 9, 14, 27, 29 and 33.
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Bob, Glad it all worked out for you. Sounds like you got a deal. I just wanted people to know that the 859 number and name Tiffany that I gave you were for real and not from Ashley Madison. :D :lol: :wink:
Skull&CrossBones
Marie LaFreniere

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

All of Dish's local channels are back. Hope Direct TV viewers don't run into the same problem when it's their turn to negotiate.