Live Music Matinee at the Beachcomber

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Marie LaFreniere

Live Music Matinee at the Beachcomber

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

Three old fellas going by the name of Rigor Mortis will be performing this Saturday at the Beachcomber from 3:00 p.m. until????

The band consists of the 3 R's....Randy Osborn, Rich Scripps and Richie Gillespie.

They'll be playing songs from the 60's-80's including Beatle and Bad Company tunes. :lol:
Last edited by Marie LaFreniere on Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Burke

Rigor Mortis is right

Post by Tom Burke »

Well then, let me just run to the airport, buy a ticket, fly to chicago, hitch to Petoskey, walk to Charlevoix, stowaway on the Emerald isle and get myself a seat at the bar for what is sure to be a barn stormer.

I fear that those three men together might just cause an overload of charisma, sexual power and facial hair. i am concerned for the structural integrity of that rickety old Beachcomber.

Anon

Tom
"He not busy being born is busy dying"
Marie LaFreniere

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

Tom,

We wish you would run to the airport, buy a ticket, fly to chicago, hitch to Petoskey, walk to Charlevoix, stowaway on the Emerald isle and get yourself a seat at the bar for what is sure to be a barn stormer.

It would be great to see you, how are things on the old sod? And when are you going to come back and see us??
megsing3

aaarrrrrrr!

Post by megsing3 »

Well, fancy that...
If there were a wagon capable of the capacity, I would have it pick me up, wheel me over to the statue of liberty, I'd grap a canoe and paddle to the big island, pick you up, get back on the wagon, tour around (with a stop at arranmore, of course), take a beautiful cruise-style pontoon back to America, drive through the great northeast, and then get another canoe to swing through the Great Lakes to the final destination at Beaver Island.
Do you think we could make it on time?

But really, though, will you please spread the word to my peeps that I miss them and would love to be on the island at this very moment. I am so homesick it is miserable. It sounds like a great get-together at the Beachcomber. Today especially it was a heartbreak, what a beautiful day.

Love, Meg
Shirley Cole

Post by Shirley Cole »

What's sure to make your evening at the Beachcomber even more entertaining, Tom, will be the sight of Paul Cole behind the bar serving up your pleasures. :wink: 'Tis true ~ he'll be at it next week and go for the summer. That might be worth a trip in and of itself! ha! Let us know when/if you can make a visit... hope all is well!