From Board President to Superintendent?

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

ConcernedGuy49782

From Board President to Superintendent?

Post by ConcernedGuy49782 »

I am posting this under the cloak of anonymity because of the fact that like many issues on the Island, I do not want this to become personal or overly dramatic. I am merely writing to inquire about the process the Board used in selecting its President, Judy Gallagher, as the new Interim Superintendent/Principal. While Judy certainly possesses the credentials and experience that would seemingly equip her to do a fantastic job in this role, I am concerned about the process utilized in this selection. Therefore, in a non-accusatory, and simply inquiring fashion, I was wondering the following:
1. Did Judy control any portion of the selection process in her role as Board President?
2. Were all potential candidates vetted properly and legally and were interviews conducted for any applicants besides Judy?
3. Why have the board minutes still not been posted for the meeting of June 8 on the school's website?
KaylynJ

Post by KaylynJ »

I am under the impression that you did not attend the meeting or watch the recording of the meeting? All but #3 can be answered there. I recommend going to News on the 'Net and checking it out! It'll explain it better from the horse's mouth :D
Kaylyn Jones
ConcernedGuy49782

Post by ConcernedGuy49782 »

Don't you have to be a subscriber to view the videos? I am not a subscriber and was off Island the day of the meeting.
E. Naranjo

idea

Post by E. Naranjo »

:idea: I already know the answers to your questions. However, the best thing to do would be to call Judy Gallagher up on the telly and ask her yourself. She is a very down to earth and pleasant person to talk to. Her number is in the book. Maybe you already know this? Eric
K.A. Pike

Post by K.A. Pike »

ConcernedGuy49782 That's a good one, but your style of writing and the tone of your post is a clear indication of your true identity. :D :D
Your new "secret" screen name is safe with me. :lol: :lol: