Dish vs Direct TV

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

BobTidmore

Dish vs Direct TV

Post by BobTidmore »

We have Dish and they just removed the local Fox Channel from the lineup...no US Open! Thinking about switching to Direct TV and wonder what experienced others have had with them?

Thanks

Bob Tidmore
26025 Main St.
Beaver Island
Marie LaFreniere

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

I was just in contact with Dish. They said they're pleased to announce they're very close to reaching an agreement with CBS and Fox and those stations should be restored within the next few days. For the inconvenience, they offered $5 off my next 3 bills. I said that was unacceptable...I now have free HBO and Cinemax for the next three months.
lindawearn

Post by lindawearn »

I've been very happy with Direct TV; I've had it ever since Pine River Cable was stopped. The signal rarely goes out, I have all the programs I want and I think the pricing is reasonable.
karens

Post by karens »

I had Dish for years, and had the signal go out quite often. I switched to Directv, and the problems disappeared. I would highly recommend Directv!
esteger

Post by esteger »

Dish TV said they could not install service at our cottage as the trees blocked the signal. DirecTV came, installed, and have provided good service for several years. I would recommend it.
Kris S.

Dish without 9 & 10 and 33

Post by Kris S. »

After about 15 minutes on the phone with my new best friends Mark and Fernando, one of whom assured me Dish is "working double time" to remedy the problem of local channels being removed--and who also advised assisting me is "no sweat!"--I am now paying $20 less for the next five months. The other option offered by Mark was cutting my bill in half for the next two months. Long story short, if you've got 15 minutes to spend bonding with very pleasant men in a far off call center, you will ultimately get a break on your Dish bill. :shifty:
"The trouble with the rat race is, even if you win, you're still a rat." --Lily Tomlin