Chicago Arranmore Benefit

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Paul/Shirley Cole

Chicago Arranmore Benefit

Post by Paul/Shirley Cole »

A note to let everyone know that the benefit for St. Crone's church on Arranmore was a huge success! Estimates from Michael Boyle (the organizer) were between $35,000-$40,000 raised as a result of this event. The party was well-attended by the Beaver Islanders (approximately 60 were able to make the trip), with another 400+ of the Chicago Irish attending as well. Father Timiney even came in from Arranmore along with Patsy Sweeney and others. I don't think we embarrassed ourselves too much, but had lots of fun anyway. We'll start a new thread for eveyone to tell their stories. Am sure the Irish on Arranmore would love to hear the hysterics as well - if you can "remember" them all! :D
Rich

Good Job

Post by Rich »

Paul/Shirley Great turnout, hope you post on the Ireland site so those watching there can "tune in" as well.
Shirley Cole

Islanders Attending the Chicago/Arranmore Benefit

Post by Shirley Cole »

Everyone I talk to keeps asking me, "Who was at the party?" with reference to the Islanders. I'm going to try to list everyone I can remember here in no particular order: Paul and myself; Linda (Gatliff) Wearn, her son Tim Wearn and her mother Georgie Gatliff; Grace (Gatliff) Doig and her daughters Lisa and MaryRose, and grand-daughters Elizabeth and Amy; Brian Cole and his (FIANCEE!) Rose; Robert Cole; Katrina Martin; Rosie and Claude Zajakowski, their daughters Blythe and Amy, along with Amy's husband Jim; Julie Gillespie; Mary and Edward Palmer, their daughters Tara, Hilary and Rita; Cindy and Dusty Cushman with their children Brighid, Jewell and Grainne; Sharon Nix; Bev O'Donnell and her man Gary; Mugs O'Donnell and her man Bob; Rich Scripps and his friend Elizabeth; Mary Margaret and Ed Breden along with their son Gary and his wife/daughter; Ernie and Jackie Martin with their daughter MaryJane and son Ernie, along with Ernie's girls Katie and Madeline; Kim and Loie Connaghan; Gerry and Marie LaFreniere; Patty Cull, her man Pat, her sister and her neice; John Cull and his better half Linda; Dale and Nancy Cull, along with Rolland and Shirley and Sally; Billy and Tammy McDonough. That's all I can remember, and sorry if I got any names wrong or forgot somebody. It was just too much fun~