Paradise Bay Webcam

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Chamber of Commerce

Post by Chamber of Commerce »

The parade will begin at 2:00. Best wishes from Beaver Island. :D
JFPowers

Post by JFPowers »

Thanks to Central Solutions we now have our wireless internet service restored and likewise our webcam. After four days the previous provider informed us that they would not be able to repair our service and that we needed to look elsewhere for high speed internet. I am thankful that Central Solutions is here as running our business without high speed service would have been very difficult. Thanks again!!
westies1942

Post by westies1942 »

Thanks for the post. I was wondering what had happened. I still can't get Richies' web cam I am sure yours is back. Judy Pettenger
Chamber of Commerce

Central Solutions is a member of the Beaver Island Chamber of Commerce. Their local number is 448-2040 or info@centralsolutions.biz . We appreciate their support of our community. :D
JFPowers

Post by JFPowers »

The Powers' Hardware Webcam was knocked out early friday morning by the lightening storm, we will have a new camera up and running next week!!
K.A. Pike

Post by K.A. Pike »

Keeping the camera up and running the expense involved is a great gesture and really appreciate by those of us on the mainland. A Huge THANKS.

Kraig
Marie S Powers

Post by Marie S Powers »

Thank you so much for your appreciation...you can't imagine what it means to me and my children. Thanks again!!!
Trish Scott

Post by Trish Scott »

I check in to see the harbor a few times a day. It is nice to be able to see the Island. Thank you so much for this wonderful connection.
westies1942

Post by westies1942 »

Thanks so much for the info about the web cam. I too visit it several times a day. "Visiting" the island makes us feel a little closer to our daughter who lives there. Much appreciation for all your efforts. Vance and Judy Pettenger
Nick Olson

Axis camera control?

Post by Nick Olson »

Can anyone give me information on how to set up or retrieve the axis camera control duhikey?
Thank You
Nick Olson :D
JFPowers

Post by JFPowers »

Thanks to the technological efforts of Jeffrey and Forrest Powers the webcam is back up and running with a slightly different view. We will be adjusting the view in the near future.

Nick, to obtain the Axis camera controller, hold down your left ctrl button to stop pop up blockers from stopping the camera controller installion program from coming up. Let me know if this doesn't work.

Thanks for the interest!
Chamber of Commerce

You can find the Powers Hardware web cam at www.beaverisland.org the Chamber of Commerce web site. THANKS Dr. Powers!
westies1942

web cam

Post by westies1942 »

When the new view came up I had no problem getting it but now I can't get anything. Any suggestions? Judy
davedudek

Post by davedudek »

I think this angle shows more and looks great.

Thanks for giving us this view.
Dave
westies1942

powers web cam

Post by westies1942 »

Holding down the left control key worked!!!! Thanks sooooo much Judy