Paradise Bay Webcam

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

JFPowers

Paradise Bay Webcam

Post by JFPowers »

Visit www.powershardware.com for a view of paradise bay.

The webcam is provided by Powers Do It Best Hardware thanks to the technical efforts of our sons Jeffrey and Forrest Powers.

You may need to install an axis camera controller when you first attempt to see the live webcam.

Also on the site you can view some of the instore specials that we have in the store, shop online for over 70,000 items in the Do It Best warehouse, find how to repair tips and locate links to our suppliers.

Courtesy of Powers Hardware
jflanagan

Post by jflanagan »

Thanks a lot to both Jeffrey and Forrest. It's a pleasure to be able to "visit" B.I. from my office computer. Even if it's only a virtual visit. I think I can smell Fish & Chips at Shamrock's.

Jim :mrgreen:
tomrock

Post by tomrock »

Jeff,

This is great. Kudos to youu and your sons. I don't know if this would be easy, but could you point it down a little more -- I'd like to see more of the street and less of the other side of the bay.

Thanks,
Tom
JFPowers

Post by JFPowers »

I am glad that you are able to see the harbor from everywhere, that is what we hoped to provide. We are limited as to where we can put the camera but we will be looking at options to make some adjustments. Thanks for the input!
vicky

Post by vicky »

Jeff... this is so cool! It's like having an aquarium... It's a Zen thing: I've sat here in Indianapolis and watched the water change for a long time... wishing I was there.

I hate to say it, but there's probably a number of visitors that won't realize that it changes every 4 seconds... you may want to mention that it's a live webcam and that it changes on the site.

Again... very cool - congrats! Don't ya' just love technology?

Hope to see you soon! - VR
beckyg24

Post by beckyg24 »

Jeff,

That is awesome! I have not been able to come home for since September and with this I am able to be home anytime I want. Thank you so much, even though I am unable to see family and friends, I miss the stillness of the harbor it is soooo relaxing.

Becky Gerace (LaFreniere)
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

I have had one of these for many months but cannot get it fired up, maybe someday, thanks Jeff and crew for giving the rest of the world a world class view!!!
Trish Scott

Post by Trish Scott »

I love the web cam. Way cool. I like the direction it is facing. Lovely view of the harbor and boat dock.

Thanks, Jeffrey and Forrest!

Trish
Trish Scott

Post by Trish Scott »

I had some fun with the web cam today. Popped on to see what the weather was like up there and saw a friend of mine parked in front of the Erin Motel. So I called him later on and asked him who he was talking to. Since I live south of Lansing, that was some trick! Got him going good.

This evening at a specified time, another friend is going to wave to me! Virtual silliness! It's fun!
JFPowers

Post by JFPowers »

Thanks to those of you that has responded to this post. Trish, I'm glad you like the view we are trying to get the best view within the limitations of the location of the camera.
I appreciate Vicki pointing out the live view that changes every four seconds. Some computers may not display the link to switch to the live view unless you scroll down to the bottom of the picture. This will allow you to see the changes that occur every 4 seconds.
Thanks again for your input!
GRANDISP

Re: Paradise Bay Webcam

Post by GRANDISP »

It's really great to see a webcam view of Beaver Island! My family and I can't wait to visit this summer! Thanks for this great resource!
nancy

Post by nancy »

What fun! It is like having an acquarium to watch.

Thanks!

Nancy Peterson
JFPowers

Post by JFPowers »

Our store is currently being featured on Do It Best Hardware's monthly magazine to all 4300 store owners internationally. Our webcam has caught the interest of the President of Do It Best Corporation and he chose to feature our store and this story on the Do It Best owner website.

I created a user name and password for those interested in viewing the article.

The website is:

http://www.mydoitbest.com/mydoitbest/MD ... owers.aspx

User name: beaverisland
Password :visitor

You can also access the website and learn more about Do It Best corporation as well as all of the products we can offer to you.

Thanks for your support and stop by today and tomorrow for a demonstration of the Incredible Holland Grill!
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I bet a lot of people who didn't make it to the Island for the 4th will peak in on the web cam... and the boat parade should really look great!
westies1942

Post by westies1942 »

What time is the parade? I will watch it on the web cam if I can. Judy Pettenger