An Irishman say - "Inhospitable" ?????????????

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

BMcCaw

Post by BMcCaw »

Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn
Stubburn Irishman

Post by Stubburn Irishman »

Yes you are correct, Im on the other side of the lakes. As to attacking people... I don't think so. Slander well, that is your opinion as I have stated facts, and asked questions about it. Yes I am upset/angry so to speak because after spending the last 4 years preparing to move to the island with in the next few weeks to months
depending on closing a deal on a piece of land to get my foot in the door so to speak as I cannot rent. I am literally told not to move to the island by a woman at the chamber of commerce(maybe you know who it is as I don't know her name)after answering the question of what I do for employment and explaining all the different certified trades I have. the town ship offices are no help getting need to know information. I also find out that the twp. is bankrupt and been cooking the books after being lied to or deceived that you island is economically viable so asking questions and giving opinions based on experiences s not welcome here as this hole topic is based on taking my words out of context and holding against me.

Im not grouping the islanders as one people you are, but in reality you are not one people you don't or won't get along about the most important things do to a corrupt few.

when you say
"Seems to me you would put your energy somewhere else."

I don't understand exactly what you mean?
do you mean
'Seems to me you "SHOULD" put your energy somewhere else
or
that if I come to the Island Im not going to do do things that I plan on and openly state I going to do.

after all I don't want to put words in your mouth in the misunderstanding of your statement. as other people here would rather assume and hold against (like the original poster of this thread) than ask and clarify.

Cheers!
Jason.
duffer

Post by duffer »

no town is void of jerks, even gary larson,s the far side had the devil sprinkling a few jerks in to the pan of life. we support our jerks because in a small place like this everyone will bare their soul now and then. its not how you act its how you react. personally for all the down falls its a great place to live. yes st james has had a travesty and it will be gotten to the bottom of. i do believe it is getting investigated, and that we here won't know the extent till its done, BUT WERE NO DETROIT! and so lets be friends here. damn What would Jesus do!
duffy