MaryAnne Palmer Ferguson RIP

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Marie LaFreniere

MaryAnne Palmer Ferguson RIP

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

Thank you for all the inquiries regarding MaryAnne's funeral arrangements. It will be in the next 2 months, but we have not yet set an exact date as travel arrangements for various family members are pending. We will let you know when plans are finalized.

Thank you so much for all the love and support we have received during the loss of our sweet MaryAnne.

The Palmer/Ferguson Family
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Dear cousin!! MaryAnn was a couple years older but I will never forget her! When I was a kid and she had her first job at the Killarney Inn with Aunt Grace (Ray and Claire's house across from the Post Office), I went in there as a little boy with my dad and some guy from the power company for lunch. Well, it was the best food on the planet, anyone who had ever eaten there would agree. Anyway, I am sitting in the room toward the point with my dad and this guy and all of a sudden the noise starts, all hell broke loose! It turns out that numerous orders had been turned in and MaryAnn, young intern, had been charged with the responsibility of grilling the burgers. She made the mistake of pressing down on them with a spatula, to some extent squeezing the "juice" out of the burgers. You would have thought someone had been backed over! It was something, MaryAnn, in her shy and withdrawing way was just in shock, Aunt Grace was raving about how this made her burgers best (and they were), my dad rushes in there, I followed and....well, God Bless you MaryAnn, press on!! Peace and Love! God Bless you too Aunt Grace, we miss ALL of that!
Marie LaFreniere

From Tara Palmer Pop...

I had a few requests for Eric & Traci Ferguson's addresses so that people could send messages of condolences or share their memories of Aunt MaryAnne.

Eric's address is:
Eric Ferguson
29208 Broken Arrow Way
Murrieta CA 92563

You can send Traci's to:
516 Newman St.
Charlevoix, MI 49720
Marie LaFreniere

Funeral Services will be held on Beaver Island, Saturday May 23rd at 3:30 P.M. at Holy Cross Church with the burial following at Holy Cross Cemetery.

MaryAnne will be on the 11:30 boat out of Charlevoix.
Marie LaFreniere

Reminder that MaryAnne's Funeral Mass is this Saturday. The time has been changed to 3:00 P.M.
Marie LaFreniere

Donations can be made to the Holy Cross Cemetery in MaryAnne's memory. Send to:

Holy Cross Cemetery
c/o Pam O'Brien
PO Box 357
Beaver Island, MI 49782
Marie LaFreniere

Mary Anne Ferguson, 63, passed away Wednesday, March 18, 2015, at McLaren Northern Michigan hospital in Petoskey.

Mary Anne was born in 1951 to the late Clarence and Lorraine (Boyle) Palmer of Beaver Island.

She graduated from high school on Beaver Island in 1970. That same year she joined â??The Ghost Ridersâ?￾ band as their drummer.

In 1976, she attended National Beauty College in Canton, Ohio, and became a licensed cosmetologist.

In 1978, she started her own licensed home cleaning service, working in the Petoskey and Harbor Springs area.

Mary Anne is survived by her ex-husband, Roger Ferguson; son, Eric Ferguson (Marilyn) and three grandchildren, Eric Jr., Alex and Aaron of Murrieta, Calif.; daughter, Traci of Lansing; three sisters, Virginia Palmer of Hayward, Calif., Evelyn Olesky (Tom) of Charlevoix and Roberta Palmer of Traverse City; brother, Edward Palmer (Mary) of Beaver Island; many nieces and nephews; and very close friend, Ruthie Gregg of Petoskey.

Mary Anne loved and enjoyed all things related to nature. Two of her favorite pastimes were mushroom hunting and collecting a variety of stones, especially Petoskey and pudding stones, with her friend, Ruthie. Mary Anne also enjoyed all kinds of music, especially Irish and old traditional music.

She was a very kind, humble, loving person with a great sense of humor. She will be dearly missed by all who knew and loved her.

Funeral service will be at 3 p.m. Saturday, May 23, at Holy Cross Church on Beaver Island. Burial will follow at Holy Cross Cemetery.