Beacon

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

kent reecer

Beacon

Post by kent reecer »

Will the Beacon continue to be a monthly publication ?
cindyr

Post by cindyr »

Bill and Jeff had changed to a bi-monthly format a while ago. They had good reasons for doing so, including having time to develop stories and produce a better quality product. At this time, it is enough to just learn all the ins and outs of putting out a periodical(as proven by my very late first issue!), without thinking of changing anything. However, this first year, let us think of it as a "six issues a year" publication, rather than a "bi-monthly" publication. As I learn to balance the requirements and intricacies of this job, I may consider making some changes, including going back to a monthly format. I am certainly always interested in what the readers think, and will take any suggestions under advisement.
Cindy
Tony Gatliff

Post by Tony Gatliff »

Cindy,
Great job on your first edition. Read it over the weekend, keep up the good work.
JohnCull

Post by JohnCull »

Hi Cindy

I just realized I need to re-new my subscription. What is the
P. O box # to send my check? Is it the same? John
Hello old friend
Its nice to hear from you
Jim

Post by Jim »

Cindy,

You did an outstanding job on your first Beacon...just like we knew you would. We are looking forward to the next issue. Have fun.

Jim and Donna Stambaugh
salwag

Beacon

Post by salwag »

Can I subscribe to Beacon electronically? Or only by mail in check? Thanks, I am eager to get your first issue of the continuing tradition.
cindyr

Post by cindyr »

Thanks Tony, Jim and Donna...and everyone else who has offered good comments. I had a lot of good help, including Jeff, who expertly put everything together for the printer. The Post Office box is the same as always for the Beacon (#254) and sending a check there is still the way to subscribe. Thanks!
Cindy
JohnCull

Post by JohnCull »

Cindy, What is the cost per year?
Hello old friend
Its nice to hear from you