Yankee Candles, and a Fund-Raiser

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

robertg

Yankee Candles, and a Fund-Raiser

Post by robertg »

My name is Katie Groesbeck and I am a Junior at Michigan State University, as well as the daughter of Rob Groesbeck. This year, I started up a club at MSU called Global Public Health Brigades. The goal of our trip is to complete a service trip to a rural community in Honduras, where we will work on a series of infrastructure projects, with the aim of improving the public health of a community. We will be building eco-stoves, showers, latrines, concrete floors, and water storage devices. If you are interested in learning more about our organization, here is a link to our website: http://msugphb.org/.

Our trip is self-funded, and unfortunately, it is costing more than we had expected. I am fundraising to help offset the cost by selling Yankee Candles! If you or someone you know loves candles, please consider buying Yankee Candles using the link below! It is easyâ??if you buy your candle or other products using the link below, 40% of the cost will go towards my trip. Thank you for taking the time to read this! Have a wonderful day!

https://www.yankeecandlefundraising.com/store.html

{P.S. from proud poppa: For Katie to get credit, you will need the following info:
Seller ID: Katherine68
Group #: 990075055
Group Name: MSU Global Health Brigades
Thank you for your support!}
Rob Groesbeck
The ex-K-8th-grade Science Teacher
Marie LaFreniere

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

Rob, that's not a valid link to Yankee Candles Fundraiser page.
robertg

Post by robertg »

It worked for me. You just have to select "Home", and then manually enter the Group Number (990075055) and Seller I.D. (Katherine68). Sorry about that... :roll: Thanks for your support! 8)
Rob Groesbeck
robertg

Post by robertg »

Thank you to everyone who has supported my daughter's Public Health mission to Honduras (and bought a candle or other lovely merchandise!). To everyone who hasn't: time is running out~the fund-raiser ends Saturday!
Rob Groesbeck