St. Patrick's weekend

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Linda

St. Patrick's weekend

Post by Linda »

Many thanks to Kathy Maudrie, Rich and Laura Gillespie and Denise McDonough for the great job running the Saturday afternoon events. The music at the Pub and the Shamrock was fantastic; and, of course it is always thrilling to listen to the bagpipes. It's too bad even the strong men in kilts couldn't help the hayseeders win the tug -of -war. The King and Queen contest had to be seen to be appreciated :lol: Great weather, too!

Linda Wearn
Marie LaFreniere

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

I've posted some pictures of Saturday's festivities at http://stpats2007.snapfish.com/snapfish

You will need to register (it's free) if you're new to Snapfish.

If anyone has a problem viewing the pictures, you can email me at marieconnaghan@yahoo.com .

And as Linda said you had to have been here to really appreciate the King and Queen contest.... and Paddy's Feud!

Kudo's to all of the contestants, this was the best King and Queen contest in years. =D> =D> =D>
piper

St. Patrick's Day

Post by piper »

Thanks for the kind words, Linda. It's great to perform for a discerning audience of friends.

I would like to thank Liam and Marilyn Racine and the wonderful staff of Stoney Acre Grill / Donegal Danny's Pub for their fabulous food and hospitality. My every comfort was assured for an entire day.

Listening to Danny & Danny, Ed Palmer and Cindy Gillespie-Cushman was a perfect, authentic St. Patrick's Day evening, in fine Beaver Island style. The Island is blessed with talented and kind people. It couldn't have been any better.

I also wish to acknowledge Joanne Cashman (Emerald Isle Hotel) for her splendid hospitality and for the lift to the airport -- thanks, Joanne!

And bless you all, the warm, friendly Beaver Islanders who welcomed me once again and shared their slice of paradise with their Scottish cousin.

Slainte Mhath!

- Jack
woodchopper57

St Patrick's Week-end

Post by woodchopper57 »

I was just thinking today about posting on here what a good week-end it was and especially the King and Queen contest, best in quite a few years. Hope we can keep it going. Will be hard to outdo Bonnie Cull, keep it coming.

All the music was great, even my poor brother Dan who played through his pain. I'll get you a sleeping bag for the floor next year, won't have as far to fall.

Kathy and crew do work hard on the whole week-end, I don't think people realize how hard it is to try and keep it fresh and interesting so that we can keep folks coming back. Think the Paddy's Feud has alot of potential.

Looking forward to next year.
Julie Gillespie
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

I completely agree the King and Queen contest was the best in a long time. Bonnie proved she has looked the same all her life, hahaha, we always teased her that she was a big baby, well!!!! Paddy's Feud, might work out, should be the first not the last game. As always the fish stomp and the plunge it were funny, Danny and Danny were great demonstrating the technique required although Danny G's flexibility was affected by falling 6' to the floor out of a bunk bed one of his brothers built!! Jeremy McBain lent a hand as well as Brian Roman who did a great job playing for the contests at "Jig Time". Many thanks to all those who attended!

Piper, Sorry I missed you.......................I was pretty, ummmm, TIRED, after the festivities downtown and retired early (9 pm). Will see you sometime soon though, Rich Gillespie