Christmas lights

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Avandyke

Christmas lights

Post by Avandyke »

It's been so bright and cheerful driving from my parent's house to my home at night for the last six weeks. The Christmas decorations were lovely. I developed a new route during this time. Go down Kings highway a couple blocks to see the first few houses, turn around and come back, go down past the Catholic Church to see the crèche, then go left at the bottom of the hill to drive under the overhead light string. After that, a straight shot down Main Street, past the big tree, past a lot of pretty lit up homes, turn left after McDonough's and do a rectangle going around the block where there were a lot of lights, and then back to Michigan Avenue. Finally, pass the house with the pillars and the tree, the tree with the sparkly star, and the house with candles. They've been going dark one by one over the last couple weeks, and I just want to thank all the people who took the time and trouble to decorate the outside of their homes for the pleasure of those of us driving past at night.
debrob2

Christmas Tree

Post by debrob2 »

I think Jim Wojan puts the lights on the big tree downtown every year Audrey! What a beautiful thing for us to enjoy! Hope he knows how much it is appreciated!
E C

Post by E C »

He does know. Connie thanked him at the last St. James meeting.