Sunday Shopping Day

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

cindyr

Sunday Shopping Day

Post by cindyr »

Many island businesses will be keeping special hours this Sunday, December 14th, for Christmas shoppers!
The St. James Boat Shop is the farthest north point, and Powers Hardware is the southernmost, so if the weather is as mild as they are predicting, it would be a pleasant walk. The time is 2 ~ 5 PM, so it shouldn't interfere with Sunday dinner.
Jeff Powers has been working hard to obtain many special gift and household items that we will offer at rock-bottom prices. I know paint, bread-makers and coffee makers are on the list. In addition, we'll be having drawings for door prizes, gift certificate give-aways and Santa here for photos with your pets (for a donation to Friends of Beaver Island Animals). We'll have cookies and warm punch, and plenty of things to see.
The boat shop and the Shamrock will have special offerings, too.
Lisa will be open at Shipwreck Shirts with special sales and fun gift ideas. Please be sure to thank her, as the shopping event was her idea!
Cindy
JFPowers

Post by JFPowers »

Here is a link to just a few of our specials plus it is time for the annual visit to the island from Santa Paws!! Also prize drawings throughout the day!!

https://www.facebook.com/15294503805279 ... =1&theater

Here is a link to some of our Santa Paws photos from 2013

https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.dvm/me ... nref=story
conanconnor

Post by conanconnor »

The Community Center will be open during the Shopping Event, and some folks are taking advantage of the warm space to showcase their goods. Darlene Dooley plans to be there with her jewelry; Jacque LaFreniere will have her handmade candles and other offerings. Others have expressed interest...if you're out and about (AND YOU SHOULD BE, FOR THIS SPECIAL EVENT WITH MOUNDS OF GOOD SALES, PRIZES, TREATS AND ALL AROUND GOOD CHRISTMAS CHEER!), stop in there to see what's for sale!
King Conan
cindyr

Post by cindyr »

I've heard that Judi Meister will have her beautiful wares out either at Shipwreck Shirts or - if Lisa isn't able to open - at the Community Center.
This should be a great time to finish up the Christmas shopping!
Cindy
conanconnor

Post by conanconnor »

I've just learned that Lake Sports will be open as well! In addition to their regular merchandise, they have Christmas items. Be sure to stop in to see what's available!
King Conan
cindyr

Post by cindyr »

The Print Shop Museum will be open during shopping hours (2~5) with lots of Beaver Island and history themed gifts available for purchase! Be sure to allow time to stop in there today!
Cindy
jacquel

Post by jacquel »

I'm sorry I won't be at the Community Center today. If you are in need of a candle or soap, I will have them out at my house next weekend (20-21) so just call ahead.

If you know specifically something you want either in fragrance or if you want me to fill a container for you... just call. 448-2220