Recent News about Maura Pierson

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Marande

Recent News about Maura Pierson

Post by Marande »

Maura Pierson had a stroke. I talked to her son Keith and she is OK. Coming back home soon and will be released from the hospital. Her speech is off however. Keith says she is doing good. Her address is Maura T. Pierson. 282 W. Cumaro Dr.
Green Valley, AZ 85614
2/6/2007 Update Maura is going to Coldwater Michigan. She's planning on being there Thursday

I know she would appreciate cards and letters. She loves all of you on the Island very much.

-Marsha Marande Midland, Michigan
Marsha Marande
Marande

Update 2/6/07 on Maura

Post by Marande »

I updated the post...Maura is going to Coldwater Michigan
Marsha Marande
AndyKohls

Maura Pierson

Post by AndyKohls »

Do you have an address for her in Coldwater?

Thanks,
Andy Kohls
Marande

Coldwater address

Post by Marande »

Maura's address in Coldwater...

P.O. Box 221
Coldwater, Michigan 49036
Marsha Marande
Marande

Marua Pierson passed away March 6, 2007

Post by Marande »

It is with great saddness that I write this news....Maura was a great lady in every sense of the word. My family and I were very blessed to know her. The island was special to me and my family because Maura was there. My only regret is that we did not have more time with you Maura. Bless you Maura, your spirit lives on. You were a great teacher, not just your words but also your actions.

We love you and we will miss you in our lives however you will always be in our hearts.

Marsha Marande, Midland Michigan
Marsha Marande
bcolton

Maura Pierson - Very Sad News

Post by bcolton »

My name is Brian Colton, and I am a cousin of Maura's. I along with several cousins here in the Ottawa, Ontario area are truly sadenned at the news of her passing.

As many of you know, Maura was born in Canada and came to the US, I believe in the 1940's. She was a fantastic wealth of information about her side of the Colton family from Western Canada. She was very proud of her Irish heritage, as all the Colton's are. I understand she was planning a trip to the ancestoral turf this coming June.

Aside from being a great story teller, she was also a wealth of information on the care and handling of teenagers. She was always ready with advise when I spoke with her about my children.

It is my understanding that I met her as a child, but sadly was never able to arrange a trip to Beaver Island, or Arizona to meet with her in rescent years. Possibly, the opportunity will arise in the near future to meet members of her family, on the Island.
Brian E. Colton Ph.D.
Kanata, Ontario
CANADA
Sheri Timsak

Post by Sheri Timsak »

I am truly saddened by the loss of one of the smartest, most giving people i have ever known. Only the knowledge that her loving Sel was waiting for her is a comfort. I will miss our conversations at the boat dock. She truly was a gift. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family. :(