Toy Drive on Beaver Island

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Connie Boyle

Toy Drive on Beaver Island

Post by Connie Boyle »

The Annual Toy Drive is under way!

If you would like to donate a toy, there are collection boxes in the Island Airway Terminals on Beaver Island and in Charlevoix. Or you may give the toy to Connie Boyle at home or the school office. (You can even leave it in my car wherever you see me, if you'd like - whatever is easiest for you!)

The toys go to children who live on or off the island. Families that qualify for help through social services are encouraged to fill out the paperwork with the county. Everyone's privacy is maintained as the toys are sent to social services (so please do NOT wrap the toys) and they will pick out which toys are best-suited for each child, based on age and gender. Beaver Island families who qualify will then receive toys from social services.

If you would prefer to make a donation and have someone do the shopping for you, I can take care of that - just give me a call at 231-448-2491.

It is helpful if most of the toys are donated by the week before Christmas so there is time to make sure all children are covered. But I will keep collecting toys after that.

Thank you, in advance, for your support. Everyone is always amazed at the quality and number of toys we collect!

Sincerely, Connie Boyle