Sorry to see Beaver Island News on Net Leaving

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

beckyg24

Sorry to see Beaver Island News on Net Leaving

Post by beckyg24 »

Phyllis,
I was sorry to read the last line of the news on the net today, stating that you are no longer going to be doing it. :cry: I understand that trying to do your other jobs and take care of the web page is a lot of work, but for someone who doesn't live on the island but still has many family and friends up there, I am sad to see it go. I check it every day just to make sure I am not missing anything. I hope that you decision to quit doing this did not come from that jerk that posted his message the other day on here. He doesn't know what he is talking about, probably stumbled across the website by accident and has no REAL connection to the island. If he does, I am sorry for that. I understand that there are several times of the year when there is NOT alot of news to report..which is fine...I just think you should reconsider and keep us informed of the news. Again, I do not make it home as often as I like but enjoy keeping up with island info on your site. If you chose not to continue I understand...but I, personally, will miss this site. Good luck with your endeavors and please reconsider....don't let someone discourage you from doing a good job keeping us informed. Becky Gerace-LaFreniere
Phyllis Moore

Post by Phyllis Moore »

Becky, thanks for the kudos about the Beaver Island News website. My decision has nothing to do with anything that anyone has said. I announced that it would be stopping more than a month ago. With increasing hours at my job, a family to care for, plus working at a couple "extra" jobs I was meeting myself in all directions and having no time just for me. The website is a tremendous amount of work that most folks aren't aware of and with my job it is simply impossible to cover things that are happening on the island. For example, today is the Grandparents Luncheon - I have to work so I can't cover that. During the summer months I'm at the library every day and it's impossible to keep track of events. I did my best this past summer but it was really too much to take on. I truly appreciate all the readers over the years and that you enjoyed it. Perhaps there will come a time when I can learn to juggle everything but now is not it. Thanks so much for your support. I hope you understand my reasons for ending this chapter. Phyllis Moore
Kevin Green

So sad..

Post by Kevin Green »

We will miss you, BI News on the Net.

Phyllis, you did a great job and I will miss the excellent info provided. Thanks for your efforts.

Kevin
beckyg24

Understanding

Post by beckyg24 »

Phyllis,
I completely understand your reason for having to stop doing this. But no one thing, I will personally miss all the great stuff you did report on. Good luck with your endeavors.
Kris S.

News on the 'Net

Post by Kris S. »

Just to clarify, Phyllis, does this mean you DON'T want me to call you at 5 a.m. when there's a photo op in my front yard? :mrgreen:
"The trouble with the rat race is, even if you win, you're still a rat." --Lily Tomlin
nancy

News on the Net

Post by nancy »

Phyllis: We'll miss your great writing and photos! You were always up to the minute on news of the island and we could always check your web site to see what's going on.

It's too bad there isn't someone else to take over News on the Net.

Have a nice Christmas and see you at the library!

Nancy & Cary
T. Scott

Post by T. Scott »

Phyllis,

Thank you so much for helping us Islander-wannabes keep in touch with current events. I have sure enjoyed your service.

Trish Scott