Update us-PAVING PROJECT

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

mbj

Update us-PAVING PROJECT

Post by mbj »

For those of us not on the island yet - what is the status of the paving project? Keep us informed. Thanks.
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

The paving project is well underway with both "lifts" (raised areas) being covered first to establish a common base and then the full effort will begin at that point, looking good so far!!
mbj

paving

Post by mbj »

Which roads are being paved. More than KS we hope. Is there a place on the web where we can get this info.? Or just here on the forum?
Chamber of Commerce

Post by Chamber of Commerce »

Lets crack a :D for better roads!
Chamber of Commerce
www.BeaverIsland.org
Chamber@BeaverIsland.org
(231) 448-2505
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Hey Chamber Guy, Run your Spyware, I think someone has hacked your computer. :roll: :wink:
Skull&CrossBones
Chamber of Commerce

Post by Chamber of Commerce »

The puter checks out. Shall we start a smiles only thread?

:D
Chamber of Commerce
www.BeaverIsland.org
Chamber@BeaverIsland.org
(231) 448-2505
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Chamber Guy, Nothing but smiles and good times on Whiskey Island. :-) Come on over sometime when the surf is up and watch me "hang five". :-) Come on out to the Stoney and DD's pub after work for TGIF it's where real pirates partake. 8) Nothing but :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) at the Stoney :!: Come on out and spread some of your cheer, I'll keep "my eye" out for you. :-)
Skull&CrossBones
Trish Scott

Post by Trish Scott »

The paving project is going very well. The parts that have new asphalt are as smooth as silk.
Beaver Island Jewelry

paving project

Post by Beaver Island Jewelry »

We on the island don't know what is being done day by day! We have to drive through to see the progress.

But it is nice! I am wondering though if the edges will be paved so bicycles will have space to ride? There is a drop off from the asphalt to the gravel.

And don't be driving off the edge of the road anymore in the wetland areas as there is a few foot dropoff where the road level was raised.

:D to continue with the smiles on Beaver Island!

Nancy
medic5740

Paving progress

Post by medic5740 »

Nancy--

FYI, Beaver Island News on the 'Net has been posting updates on the road paving progress from the very beginning of the road closure signs. We will continue to psot these updates at least twice a week until it is finished.

Our coverage includes pictures, text, and video.

Thanks,

Joe Moore, editor
Beaver Island Jewelry

paving

Post by Beaver Island Jewelry »

ok - thanks Joe!

Nancy