Congratulations, Kayak Ken

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

medic5740

Congratulations, Kayak Ken

Post by medic5740 »

Ken Bruland was licensed as a paramedic on October 17,2006. This represents about 1200 volunteer hours of work on his part to get to this point in his EMS education.

Congratulations, Ken!

Joe Moore

P.S. I am looking forward to a day off.
Michelle LaFreniere

WAY TO GO!!!

Post by Michelle LaFreniere »

Wow Ken.. Good Work! I knew you could though!
Chamber of Commerce

Post by Chamber of Commerce »

Thanks Ken! :D Well done!
MikeR

Post by MikeR »

Congratulations, Ken!! Bev and I knew you could do it. Now go at it, lifesaver.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Congratulations.
Definitely an impressive achievement; the Island is very lucky that we have people willing to put forth this kind of effort.
P.S. I am looking forward to a day off.
February 29th :D
roye m.

Congrats Ken

Post by roye m. »

Great Job Ken!!!! I am sure everyone on the Island is very proud of you and the new responsibilities you are taking on. Good luck from everybody at North Flight EMS.
kayakken

Post by kayakken »

Thank you one and all for your congratulations and your support! I could have never accomplished this without the support of my friends, colleagues and fellow students. It was a great learning experience and a true pain in the butt! Thanks to all who encouraged me when I wondered if giving up my life (such as it is) for a year would be the right thing to do.

Thanks to my instructors, Steve and Lisa Rose, who nursed me through this ("It never gets any harder than this"); and a special thanks to my other instructor, the man who saw me, taught me, encouraged me, and sometimes had to push me through the whole process from Medical First Responder through Paramedic - Joe Moore. Thanks Joe.

I guess now the true learning will begin.

Ken

P.S. - Joe, don't say a thing about IC (the next level)!!
Ken