BI HISTORICAL SOCIETY FUNDRAISER - HOUSE PARTY

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

kathleen mcnamara

BI HISTORICAL SOCIETY FUNDRAISER - HOUSE PARTY

Post by kathleen mcnamara »

Please join us for a 'House Party' at the Beachcomber
5-7 PM on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Island Musicians: John McCafferty, Cindy Gillespie-Cushman, Sheri Timsak, Miranda Rooy and Kevin White. Also hear briefly from Musicologist Laurie Sommers who created the Beaver Island House Party book and CD in 1996.*

Hors D'oeuvres and Drinks and Door Prizes (airline tickets, boat tickets, BI History books, restaurant gift certificates and more).

There will be a 5 minute presentation of the latest images and concepts regarding the Museum improvement and expansion.

All proceeds to benefit the Beaver Island Historical Society's Capital Campaign Project to uprgrade the Print Shop Museum and attach a New Museum of Island Life.

$50 ticket can be purchased at the Print Shop, The Marine Museum or the new web page http://www.beaverislandhistory.org/beav ... party.html and use paypal. Or call me and I will deliver tickets to you 231.448.2353 Kitty.

*The House Party will conclude in time for those wishing to attend the free BIHS Museum Week evening event Folksongs from "Michigan-I-O", hosted by musicologist Laurie Sommers. This 7:30pm presentation at the Community Center features some of the Beaver Island music recorded in the 1930's by Alan Lomax. Barry Pischner and Glen Hendrix will perform there.
Kitty McNamara
kittym@tds.net
kathleen mcnamara

Edward Palmer is planning to join the Island Musicians listed above at the 'House Party' hosted by the Beaver Island Historical Society. Tickets are still available! Purchase tickets from either museum, on the website or give me a call at 448-2353.
Kitty McNamara
kittym@tds.net
kathleen mcnamara

Just added another exciting performer to the list for the "House Party'. Ella Morea, granddaughter of Pete and Sandy LoDico, will perform a hard-shoe Irish dance for us! Tickets are still available.
Kitty McNamara
kittym@tds.net
Beaver Island Gardens

Party time.

Post by Beaver Island Gardens »

Just bought my ticket on line. Easy. Excellent option and I saved Kitty a trip. Thanks.