There may be a wireless broadband solution for Beaver Island

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

lucky1z

Wildblue

Post by lucky1z »

Thank you Jeff,,,

Yes I am very interested in comming to Beaver Island. I enjoy comming over there from the mainland. My company was also glad to hear that I am not only willing to do it but very happy to do so. No one else wanted to. It is also part of the county that I now cover. Ok jeff I just wanted to thank you for your intrest in the WB topic and im glad your happy with what I know to be the best product on the market for high speed internet by satellite.

Thanks again Fred Hastings
lucky1z

Wildblue

Post by lucky1z »

Yes the contract is for 12 months not 24. I did not know that Midwest wants you for 24 months. As far as the warranty goes I could not charge the customer to come and service anything untill after there 90 days expire. After that I would have to charge 40.00 for the ferry. It would be done within 5 bussness days of me getting the invoice. Knock on wood The only things that have gone wrong with any system that I have installed was due to hardware failyer. When an installer is complete with his dishmount and tuning. He is to do a push pull test. If he or she sees that it comes out of line then something is wrong with the base mount - pole mount - or tightning of the bolts. When i am done with it I know that I do not ever have to return unless there is hardware failyer. I take pride in my work and am glad to say so,,, Next lol

Thank You Fred
lucky1z

Wildblue

Post by lucky1z »

Sorry I forgot to tell you where I live, Saint Ignace MI :D
Jeff

Re: Wildblue

Post by Jeff »

lucky1z wrote:After that I would have to charge 40.00 for the ferry. It would be done within 5 bussness days of me getting the invoice.
lucky1z wrote: Though you know you as the customer have to pay for the ferry ride and downtime
Just to be 100% clear, if a customer chose to go through you instead of the on-island installer, have you now decided not to charge for your "downtime" in transit to the Island that you mentioned a few posts above? And in the unlikely event that service or alignment were required after the 90 days, you don't charge an hourly wage to come to the Island and do it???
lucky1z

Wildblue

Post by lucky1z »

Just to be 100% clear,,, Yes after 90 days the customer would have to pay the 40.00 for the ferry and for a simple alignment is 50.00 no hourly. 50.00 is the standard fee for an alignment. The downtime is a 1 time fee because I know I would not have to come back due to a professional install. :D
lucky1z

Wildblue

Post by lucky1z »

Another thing,, if it is due to hardware failyer. The cost to the customer is 0.00 Wildblue would then have to pay for all expenses.

Thank you Fred Hastings
lucky1z

Wildblue

Post by lucky1z »

Here is just one customer that is 100% happy with my over and above workmanship.

Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 11:35 AM
To: lucky1z@charter.net
Subject: Reference

Hi Fred,
Hope you got my message that I would be glad to be a reference for you. When you called, I was away for a couple of weeks in Alaska. Had a great time.
Hope the new job worked out, no one ever called me about you for a reference but if you ever need me I would be happy to say very good things about you. The Wildblue is working great and thank you again for your perseverence. Lined up a couple of new customers down here and gave them the cards you gave me so hope you get credit.
John