Ã￾rainn Mhór Genealogy

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

smbonner

Ã￾rainn Mhór Genealogy

Post by smbonner »

Hi All,
I hope all is well and that the weather is not too cold! We have some snow here on Ã￾rainn Mhór today. This is just a short note to let you know about our new online genealogy system which is available at http://www.arainnmhor.com/muintir/

I hope to meet you all again in April during the visit.

Regards,

Seamus Bonner
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Seamus, Thanks for posting!! Recently I have been working with someone on the Boyle, Green and other families. We have had great help from James Doran on the subject and would hope that these issues can be posted here for further discussion. I have (in the past) urged Jeff Cashman to split the forum into sections on family history, current events and so on. I belive Jeff thinks it is better to "lump" the whole mess but sooner or later it will have to be sorted out. Jim Doran has an amazing database of over 70,000 people in it. He could be the best resource for those out of Ireland or Beaver Island connected. Strangely, he has never been to Beaver Island. Born in Marinette, WI West of Michigan's upper penisula where many of the Beaver Island Irish folk moved to over the years Thanks!!!
Last edited by Gillespie on Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
smbonner

Technical difficulties

Post by smbonner »

The Ã￾rainn Mhór site is offline due to technichal difficulties at the moment, I hope to get it resolved later this morning. Rich, collaboration on genealogy makes a lot of sense and it one of the main benefits of having an online system.

Regards,

Seamus
smbonner

Site back online

Post by smbonner »

Hi, the site is now back online.

Seamus