thank you to beaver island music festival

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

joddy

thank you to beaver island music festival

Post by joddy »

i would like to express a great big thank you to dan and carol burton
for hosting such a wonderful event right here on beaver island.
i finally got a chance to go down to the festival grounds to retrieve my
equipment, and carol was still hard at work cleaning up her yard 3 days
after the end of the festival. (no volunteers left now)
to be quite honest, i was hoping to be adding to a long list of thank you
from a number of islanders i personally saw having the time of their life's.
and i am quite surprised that so few businesses that profited from this past week end have expressed a tone of gratitude for the business that
the beaver island music festival hahave brought to the island.
i know that dan and carol have done nothing but promote, and very well,this island and all that all of us in this community should hold dear.
such as: family ~ an appreciation for the natural beauty and most important community itself.
if you wish to slam this message i only ask that you direct it squarely at me. i really did start out just to say thank you.
soooooo let me have it!!!! and dan and carol ~~ with love i thank you!
Last edited by joddy on Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wmarkey

you too

Post by wmarkey »

You got it Joddy. Thanks to Dan and Carol. And to you too. Wonderful show....
"Our problems are man-made,
therefore they can be solved by man."
JFK
Trish Scott

Post by Trish Scott »

Dan and Carol, Thank you sooooo very much for this top-caliber event. It brought my precious nephew from a long ways away. Precious family time, thanks to your efforts. Big shout out to all the volunteers as well. The music was wonderful in an incomparable setting. The festival is extremely well-run and exudes a warm vibe. Excellent ambassadors for B.I.!
Beaver Island Jewelry

BI Music Festival

Post by Beaver Island Jewelry »

Thank you to the Burtons for hosting a great music festival! We went Friday night and enjoyed it! What a beautiful evening, great songs, no bugs, and not too hot. Thank you to everyone who helps put this event on.
Sheri Timsak

Post by Sheri Timsak »

I have always known what an amazing event this has been through the years for this island and I can say from my point of view, this is a great event that I look forward to every year. Between the choosing of the music, tickets bought and sent, preparations leading up to the event, the wonderful camping areas, the great lineup of talent, the amazing group of vendors and also the staff that kept it all together. Carol, Dan and family, thank you for opening up your hearts and home to all of us and giving us a great weekend to remember.
cindyr

Post by cindyr »

Dan and Carol do a wonderful job with every aspect of the Music Festival. This event is a huge asset to the island, well planned, organized and executed. Thanks you, Dan and Carol Burton, and everyone that helps to make this event possible!
Cindy
Debra

Post by Debra »

This was my first time attending the Beaver Island Music Festival and it was wonderful. Thank you so much. Next year count me in as a volunteer. Great service and great fun!

Debra Owen
John Bolton

Post by John Bolton »

My slam:
I just wish you would have read Green Eggs and Ham with just a bit more enthusiasim.....:D
If we do not all hang together,
we will all hang separately,
Ben Franklin
joddy

Post by joddy »

thank you john for your slam ~~ next year perhaps cat in the hat!!
DonH

Post by DonH »

I had a great time there again this year. Keep up the "fest".
kathemeade

Post by kathemeade »

We loved it! Looking forward to coming the whole weekend next year. Thank you for a great Island event!