Pictures for our party!!

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Diane O'Donnell

Pictures for our party!!

Post by Diane O'Donnell »

Greeting from the Beaver Island Club of Grand Rapids!
I am sending this in hopes of getting everyones help. We are putting together a huge project for our 40th party in February. What we need from you is pictures, lots and lots of pictures from parties past. We would like to know who is in the picture and what year it was taken. We know it can be hard to part with your pictures, if you have the capablilty of taking copies and sending those to us, that would be great! We would like to take a walk down memory lane and be able to share this with everyone! We will gladly return any pictures that we do not use, but the pictures that we do use will be glued down for life. Please send any pictures that you would like to share to...
Danielle Petrak
8047 Whitneywood Ct.
Alto, MI 49302
She can be reached at (616) 891-6925 if you have any questions!
Or you can email her at dgpetrak@msn.com
Please send pictures by January 31, as it will take most of February to put this all together.
Thanks for your help,
Diane
Michelle LaFreniere

whats happening??

Post by Michelle LaFreniere »

How is the picture project coming?? I am anxious to see it! I have some cool old pictures of past parties, but unfortunately they are on the island and I am in the U.P. till after the party date.. which brings me to my next question.. Whats Happening?? Is the information out yet about the hotel? Can we call for reservations yet?? I am getting so excited. It has been years since I have been able to go. One thing that I was talking to my dad about is the fact that it is frustrating not knowing who all is there and what rooms they are in, and the hotel cant tell you that for security reasons, but is there someway that we could let especially the older folks know so they are not wandering the halls looking for certain people?? Maybe a "sign in sheet"at the front desk where you could voluntarily put your name down and what room you are in for other guests to see.. I dont know what do you think??
Diane O'Donnell

Post by Diane O'Donnell »

Michelle,
So glad to hear that you are going to make the party! It has been awhile since we've seen you. The party will be at the Hilton in Grand Rapids. The date is February 25th. The room rates this year will be $69.00. We are having a meeting this Saturday to get the mailers sent out and finalize everything. We are still working with the Hilton on a few details. If you want to give me your address, I will be sure we get one to you. It will have the phone number to call and make your reservation. We are planning some new things this year and we are all really excited! It will be a great night! I am not sure if Danielle has received many pictures yet. I know that I have received some and even have some of my own to contribute. Hopefully someone has some from the early years. I can remember as a kid when the women wore long dresses and the men were all in suits! I can remember my mom getting her hair all done up... I wish I could find some of those pictures! I know my mom has some but again, the pictures are on the island and my parents are down in Florida! Hopefully someone else has some of those pictures!
Looking forward to seeing everyone there! We are hoping to make this 40th party one of the best!!!!
Thanks.
Diane