Things for Which we're Thankful for this Thanksgiving!!

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Anna

Things for Which we're Thankful for this Thanksgiving!!

Post by Anna »

I know Thanksgiving isn't til next week but I wanted to share with you what my hubby and I are Thankful for.......

Trains,cars,airplanes, that allow us to travel great distances to share Thanksgiving with our loved ones.

The spouse who complains when dinner is not on time,because s/he is home with me,not with someone else.

The teenager who is complaining about doing the dishes,because that means they are at home and not on the streets.

The mess to clean after a party because it means we have been surrounded by friends.

The taxes my husband pays because it means that he's still employed.

The clothes that fit a little too snug because it means we have enough to eat.

Our shadow who watches us work because it means we're out in the sunshine.

A lawn that needs mowing,windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means we have a home.

All the complaining we hear about our government because it means we have freedom of speech.

The space we find at the far end of the parking lot because it means we am capable of walking.

Our huge heating bill because it means we are warm.

The lady behind us in church who sings off key because it means that we can still hear.

The piles of laundry and ironing because it means we have clothes to wear.

Weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means we have been productive.

The alarm that goes off in the early morning hours because it means we're alive.

Getting too much email bogs us down but at least we know we have friends who are thinking of us.

Anna
unkle bik

Post by unkle bik »

A great place like Beaver Island where one can come and get away from the hustle & bustle of everyday life.
I have only been there once, but my stay was a relaxing and enjoyable one.

Keep up the great work! 8)