RIP-Bill Freese

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Gillespie

RIP-Bill Freese

Post by Gillespie »

Word has just been received that our good friend and local craftsman, Bill Freese has left us for higher ground, safe passage good man and soldier!
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Bill was and is an Island treasure. He will be missed, but never forgotten, by many.
Skull&CrossBones
Jim

Post by Jim »

Semper Fi, Bill.
Bill was a good Marine, not a soldier, and he will be missed.

Jim Stambaugh
Beaver Island , Michigan
jflanagan

Post by jflanagan »

Goodbye Bill... He will be missed. I remember asking him in his store if he ever took on an apprentice since I'd love to learn from him. He replied, you cannot be my apprentice but your wife can...
James Flanagan
37700 Font View Ct. 4439 N. California
Beaver Island, Mi Chicago, Il
49782 60625
231-448-2109 773-463-5494
wmarkey

going to miss him

Post by wmarkey »

...another life's warrior lost... I'd see him most days at the bakery...in winter, ice-cleates by the door... everyday some kind of tease... "you're up early"... "sure do dress the part"... "get some work done today"... I'm goin' to miss him... I miss him... I miss them all...
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Jim, sorry about the soldier part, I couldn't get back online last night to correct it! Farewell Bill!
JFPowers

Post by JFPowers »

A great man will be missed, farewell Bill
AMVETS POST 46

Post by AMVETS POST 46 »

We typically take down the flags at the Veterans Memorial Park for the winter but in honor of Bill Freese we will be flying the Marine, American and Michigan flag at half-mast this Wednesday. If you have a flag please join us in honoring Bill.

Bob Tidmore
AMVETS POST 46
BOX 319
BEAVER ISLAND, MI 49782
amvetspost46@yahoo.com
Party Plan Girl

Post by Party Plan Girl »

What a special man... what a character! He always made humorous remarks. Goodbye Bill.
joddy

happy trails my friend

Post by joddy »

there is no doubt that bil will be missed here on the rock and i'll bet a lot of other places as well. his life will live for many many years on this island in the hearts of all who were fortunate to know bill. i would like to say, that altho i'm not sure who jflanagan is, but bill did leave his boat building
in the great and loving hands of dan and carol burton, who i know, gave and received a lot of love from bill. my love goes out to bill and also
dan and carol. i'm sorry jflanagan that bill did not take you or your wife
on as apprentices -------- but let your wife know about my studio apprentice opening!!! my love goes out to bill and to ALL who will miss him
cindyr

Post by cindyr »

Goodbye to a dear friend, a wonderful storyteller and a very special man. Rest in Peace, Bill.
Has anyone heard of funeral or memorial arrangements?
Cindy
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

There is nothing planned Cindy that we know of. Bill willed himself to science at UM and is likely there. He asked for nothing but there is talk of a memorial in the spring.
w h smith

Bill's family

Post by w h smith »

Has anyone notified Bill's daughter and son??