Home on the Island Documentary DVD

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Tom Burke

Home on the Island Documentary DVD

Post by Tom Burke »

Hey folks,

The benevolent Moondance Corp. is in the final stages of re-editing the Home on the Island DVD for sale in Europe and the US. We thought it would be only fitting to gauge islander opinion on what items they might like to see as extras on the disc. We have an array of materials at our disposal including extra historical interviews, extra musical performances and other visual sequences that will not make the final cut. We are also planning to include the half hour Irish language version with subtitles on the same disc.

If anyone out there, particularly those who have seen the rare one hour edit, has any comments or feedback it would be greatly appreciated. We are mindful that the two islands are our audience first and foremost.

Love and respect to all

Tom Burke/Shane Brennan
Marie LaFreniere

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

Hi Tom and Shane,

I've seen the one hour edit twice now and it left me teary eyed both times.

Personally, I would like to see more of the historical factor added to the DVD.

And you can put me down for a copy. =D>
Linda

Home to the Island

Post by Linda »

Hello Tom and Shane,
I'm excited to hear that we can purchase a DVD of Home to the Island. I'd enjoy more music, party scenes, scenery, and interviews from both sides of the Atlantic in the final edition. Hope all is going well for you both--another trip to Ireland is being planned for the beginning of April, 2006. Maybe we can meet up with you for a pint!

Linda Wearn
tarapalmer

Post by tarapalmer »

Hi Tom and Shane!! Still waiting for the footage of my wedding video!
I think more scenes involving music from both sides would be great since it is such a dominant part of our culture. I can't wait to see the finished project!