homecoming

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

homecoming

Post by guest »

I have seen no stories nor comments this year about excessive police presence though I have heard some third person comments (he said that she said) that it was. What gives?

homecoming

Post by Guest »

What happens on the island , stays on the island.. nuff said!

police

Post by Guest »

Spoke with a police officer today that was on the island that weekend. He was even dumbfounded at the attitude of the MSP. Said they were out of line on at least one major occassion.

Post by guest »

<inflammatory post removed due to no name>
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

Where is www.sloptownroad.com on this years actions??!!!
jimmy morrer

Post by jimmy morrer »

guest wrote:<inflammatory post removed due to no name>
And your name was? Could you be a little more spacific..Im pretty sure the MSP would be their anyway.It dose get a little crazy for home comming.
KK Belfy Antkoviak

Homecoming

Post by KK Belfy Antkoviak »

I agree w/ you Jimmy, if someone is going to point their finger at someone, have the courage to sign your name.
Diane McDonough

Finger Pointing

Post by Diane McDonough »

I would like to know if this person who seems to know who brought the MSP here this past Homecoming and prior Homecomings has PROOF of his allegations! I've heard of several names who are responsible for the MSP arriving on the Island, but since I have no solid proof, I'm not naming names.
It seems to me as long as you were abiding by the law, there wasn't a problem. The Shamrock was sure packed Friday & Saturday night. The smart ones either walked home or found a DD.
I'm not crazy about the MSP being here either but have found a way to deal with it. :wink:
Rich

Post by Rich »

I have asked the site adminstrator to make it mandatory that people sign in. You cannot write to a newspaper without verifying who you are and it should be no different on this site. The State Police, as usual, went overboard in their effort to "keep peace". Whoever did ask them to come must have some deeply seeded personal problems. This community relies on weekends such as homecoming to survive throughout the year, and, if anyone steps out of line they should be punished. There is a great difference in punishment and persecution!! If any more persons post comments on this site without the courtesy of making themselves known (this has been stated many times before), their comment will/may be deleted!!
jflanagan

Put your name behind your ideas

Post by jflanagan »

I agree with Rich. On most of the boards that I read people who hide behind their anonymity write things that they wouldn't write if their identities were known.

On a more positive note, I've really enjoyed and benefited from many of the anonymous posts and would love to put a name with the message.

Jim
Mr. Smith

Post by Mr. Smith »

I heard that Tammy McDonough had alot to do with the MSP coming to the Island over Homecoming.
Michelle LaFreniere

Post by Michelle LaFreniere »

Mr. Smith,
Why do you care who brought them here and what they did? If you behave yourself you won't have to worry....
Rich

Post by Rich »

I think Mr. Smith thinks he has pulled a funny using that name.
BigMike

What is the reason?

Post by BigMike »

Can the township decide wheather or not the MSP makes the trip to the island? If so, I would love to be at the next meeting to hear the complaints. There had to be an initial reason that the MSP started to show up on the island. What was the reason? If a few bad apples from the mainland have wrecked it for everyone, it sound like they aren't around anymore. Maybe having the MSP stay put on the mainland for a year to see how things work out is the answer. Local businesses that depend on homecoming weekend cannot be jeprodized like this. What is wrong with the local Charlevoix County Sheriff deputy to handle any problems? That should be enough, shouldn't it? Some of my questions may have already been asked or seem stupid, but it just doesn't make sense to me why the MSP is up there when a county officer already lives on the island.
jimmy morrer

Post by jimmy morrer »

Mr. smith you made me lol :lol: .Thank you for that.Im guessing the state police brought themselves to the island based upon severl complaints over the years.I would like to see exactly what polic actions were taken during that weekend.How many arrests ,tickets,etc...It is public info isnt it ?