Seeking info. on my gggrandfather, BI resident, murdered(?)

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I don't want to violate any etiquette of this bulletin board since I'm just a newcomer here
You're always most welcome to use the forum for any topic somewhat related to Beaver Island that you like :)
Sean

Post by Sean »

Jeff wrote:Thanks Susie!

We should come up with a better way to quickly put the back issues online, but every month something comes along and it hasn't gotten done yet. August 2002 - December 2004 are online as PDF's at http://www.beaverbeacon.com/archives/ but they are 5 - 8 MB files so admittedly they take forever to download on a dialup connection.

Joyce Bartels does do a fantastic job with A Hundred Years Ago each month - we are unbelievably lucky to have her! It's always fun to see what she comes up with every month!
They are worth the wait I have looked at the archives :D
Susie

Post by Susie »

Yes, Sean the Beacon is always worth the wait!!!!!!!!!! I am always delighted every month. Bill and Jeff do a great job!!!!!!!!!!! The pictures are GREAT!!!!!!!! Can,t wait to get it each month. And this web site is unbelieveable. Keep up the good work!!!!

Susie
Jim Doran

donald raymond mcdonald

Post by Jim Doran »

Hello Everyone. Jim Doran here
For Bruce Beaman, et al - Genealogy

Donald Raymond McDonald Sr., b. November 22, 1847, d. April 08, 1877, was a son of Alexander McDonald, b. abt. 1820, Lochiel, Glengarry, Ontario, Canada, and Catherine M. (Katie) Cameron, b. abt. 1821, Ireland; Alexander McDonald was a son of Ewen McDonald, b. abt. 1801, Glengarry, Ontario, Canada, and wife Sarah McLeod; Ewen McDonald was a son of Donald MacDonald and Janet Urquhart.

Bridget O'Donnell, wife of Donald, was a daughter of Owen O'Donnell and Hannah Early(d. January 01, 1877 BI). Hannah's second husband was Anthony (Salty) O'Donnell. Owen and Hannah also had a second child, Owen O. O'Donnell, b. June 27, 1846, who married Juliana Malloy, daughter of Daniel Malloy & Frances (Fanny) O'Donnell. Fanny O'Donnell was a sister of Anthony (Salty) O'Donnell; their parents were Hugh O'Donnell & Bridget Green.
Joyce

My Grandfather - murdered perhaps

Post by Joyce »

Hi Bruce and Marie, I visited the Library of Michigan (LOM) today and found the citation for that newspaper clipping about the accident. It came from the May 21, 1908 issue of the Charlevoix Sentinel.
The handwritten date was in error.

Joyce Bartels
BIHS volunteer
Marie LaFreniere

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

Joyce,

Thanks for going to the Library and confirming the date of the article.

Marie
Rich

Rich

Post by Rich »

Post it Bruce, its fall, we will enjoy it :D .