Film score

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Mike Moore

Film score

Post by Mike Moore »

After getting feedback on my documentary on BIEMS, I've been wondering if I'm maybe best suited to scoring music for film, as opposed to directing. So, I took a chance and scored the music for an independent film out here in WA.

Thought maybe some of the folks that are used to hearing me play guitar in the island bars, might enjoy taking a listen to, as they say, "something completely different..."
http://www.phillipmooremedia.com/orignalmusic.htm

The film clips are definately rated PG (death scene)- and video files are big, so high speed connection will work best.

As always, thanks for listening-
Mike
Trish Scott

Music

Post by Trish Scott »

Mike,

You are a gifted musician. I enjoyed listening and I think you have identified a major strength.

Can you share the web site to purchase your movie about BI Health care?

Also, if you could share when you plan to be on the Island playing, that would be wonderful info.

Trish and Steve "Bongoman" Scott.
Trish Scott

Ordered DVD

Post by Trish Scott »

I clicked around and found the page. I ordered a DVD and can't wait to get it.
Rich S

Post by Rich S »

I like your stuff. I admire how you take your music seriously and how you always seem ready for the next level. I don't know if you found your true calling yet, but you certainly are on your way.

Yes, next time you come to the island I would like to be your drummer again - that was such a blast last fall!

Rich Scripps
Mike Moore

Post by Mike Moore »

That was cool last fall- playing the traditional Irish music with you was a blast this winter as well.

Most of what I do these days is recording into a computer, but nothing beats musical dialogue between musicians. I hope to get to the Island this summer to visit everybody- and find an impromptu jam session...

Thanks everybody for checking out my site, and for the feedback,
Mike