Request for info

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Robert

Request for info

Post by Robert »

Anyone know who's heading up the Beaver Island Music Fund these days? Wondering what individual or group of individuals are administering the fund, and who I would contact for information regarding it. Thanks...
kwhite

Post by kwhite »

I am currently the person who is looking after the fund (the actual monies collected thus far). We will be forming a board eventually and the board will oversee disbursments. Are you asking for a specific reason? If so, let me know. Signed, Kevin White
Julie

music fund

Post by Julie »

What is the Beaver Island Music Fund? Where did it come from? etc etc etc

Post by Guest »

you have been missing for a few years!
Marie LaFreniere

Request for info

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

Julie isn't the only one who is MIA.

I was also wondering what the music fund is and what it's about.
Rich

Post by Rich »

Isn't that the one that was started in memory of Ross Lanier??
kwhite

Post by kwhite »

The Beaver Island Music Fund was started by Martha Guth and Deb Harwood a few years ago. It is a fund to be used, simply put, to encourage and further music on Beaver Island. I was asked early on to be another vote as to where collected monies would be spent and to watch over the bank account. We are now attempting to form a board to oversee disbursements. Various performances on the Island have given their profits to the fund and several events have in turn been backed by the fund. I hope to someday also have a musical instrument lending library attached the the fund.
Martha

music fund

Post by Martha »

Hi guys!

It's Martha...just any information you need to know about the fund can also be directed to me if you like. But if you would like to know I have asked a number of people to be on the board besides myself, Deb and Kevin: there is Phil Becker, Christy Albin, Kathy Speck, and Joe Moore. I have been out of comission for a while since I haven't been back on the island for a while, but last thing I was involved in was a simple form that people can submit if they want money from the the fund for their musical endeavours. All you need to do is ask for it, fill it out and then the board makes a decision concerning the money that comes out of the fund. We will ask that if it is a money making venture that a small percentage of the profits go back to the fund to keep it alive. Concerning the Concerts that I have done in the past two years, all of the profits have gone into the fund. It is pretty basic. We haven't that much money yet, but I believe that there is enough to be of some help to the community, at least some seed money. I hope that helps anyone out there with questions, and I welcome any more ideas, comments, queries etc!

Martha