EMS Documentary Premiere

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Mike Moore

EMS Documentary Premiere

Post by Mike Moore »

Thought I'd extend an invite to the premiere of my documentary, "32 Miles of Water."

After numerous revisions, it is a strong film about Beaver Island EMS- who they are, why they do what they do, and how they are adapting to the challenges of providing emergency care in an isolated environment.

So, December 17th at 7:00pm at the Peane Twp. Hall I will premiere the 30 minute documentary. Attendace is free, and all are welcome.

Hope to see you there,
Phillip (Mike) Moore
J.McBain

doc

Post by J.McBain »

You gonna be there too?
Mike Moore

Post by Mike Moore »

I'll be there, hooking up the big screen, setting up sound, and maybe making popcorn...

It should be a lot of fun.
-M
Tara Palmer

Post by Tara Palmer »

Hey Mike...I've heard great things about your project...wish I could be there for the premier. I won't make it home until the 26th. Will you still be there. Is the documentary a personal project you're hoping to sell? What other projects are you working on? Hi to Jess!
Mike Moore

Post by Mike Moore »

Hey Tara,

No, unfortunately we'll miss you- we'll be back in Washington state right about the time you get up to the island.

I'll be talking to PBS about airing 32 Miles of Water, and people will be able to order copies, but like most of my creative projects it's really not a money making deal.

The next project is called "Cornucopia," a documentary about homelessness- a really big problem out here. I'm looking into grant proposals, etc.

Hope all is well,
Mike
Tara Palmer

Post by Tara Palmer »

Mike- Kind of surprised about the level of homelessness out there. What is the economy like? Are their a lot of blue collar jobs? I've been considering some volunteer work at a Soup Kitchen/Shelter called Inspiration Cafe. It allows you to work hands on with the homeless...cooking meals with them, doing art projects, teaching them computer skills etc. I am on a waiting list for an interview...it takes forever to get in there. Nice to know we have so many people willing to volunteer!! Anyways I am interested in hearing more about "Cornicopia". Hit me on my email...lizziehotwater@yahoo.com
Mike Moore

Post by Mike Moore »

If anyone would like to check out the promotional poster for "32 Miles of Water" visit: www.phillipmooremedia.com/bio.htm

Tara, I'll shoot you an email with the treatment for "Cornucopia" Hope your Christmas is wonderful, all the best.

-M
Trish

EMS Documentary

Post by Trish »

Mike,

I'm anxious to view the documentary. Unfortunately I won't be able to see it at its premier. Please let us know when it will be available for purchase. Thanks!

Trish Scott
Mike Moore

Purchasing copies of the documentary

Post by Mike Moore »

Sorry you won't be able to make the premiere, it will be a neat event. We're setting up a big screen and full sound- and needless to say I'm pretty proud of the film.

If you'd like to view samples of the film, you can visit www.phillipmooremedia.com (just click on video production)

I'll have an order form at the free premiere for those interested in purchasing a copy. After the holidays I'll make the order form available on my website. I think the cost will be about $20 +shipping for a DVD, and depending on demand, I may make VHS available.

Thanks for your interest, wish you could be there on the 17th!
-Phillip (Mike) Moore
Mike Moore

Copies of the Film

Post by Mike Moore »

After receiving many emails requesting copies of my documentary, I decided to expedite the online order form. So, for those interested, you can now purchase copies of my documentary "32 Miles of Water"

If you'd like to purchase a copy of the film, visit my website, www.phillipmooremedia.com and simply click the yellow button. You'll be guided through the purchasing process.

I'm happy to respond to any questions, concerns, or comments.

Thanks again for all of the interest,

Phillip (Mike) Moore
Phillip Moore (Mike)

Tonight's the night

Post by Phillip Moore (Mike) »

After every delay imaginable getting to the midwest from Seattle- (including an unexpected cab ride to Marquette from Green Bay) I made it to Beaver Island.

So tonight's the night- Free showings of my documentary at both 7 and 8 o'clock at the Peane Twp. Hall. The film is just under 30 minutes, and may change the way we look at our local EMTs and the challenges they face.

I hope to see you there,
Phillip (Mike) Moore
Michelle LaFreniere

"The Movie"

Post by Michelle LaFreniere »

After attending last nights 8 pm premiere..
One word.. WOW!!
I am so impressed Mike.. good job!