Bush wins Ohio votes by machine error

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Rich

Post by Rich »

Jeremy and Robert, I agree with you both principally, and nothing gets deleted but what isn't under debate (languishing) in this context. As always, things that are totally objectionable will go.

Now, Jeremy, you hit the nail on the head or the ball over the fence or threw for a touchdown, on and on and on. The MEDIA did everything they could to keep this election 50/50, why? So they could sell commercials and we all know it. I could argue that the election would not have been as close as it was if it wasn't for the media hype and distortion. Interestingly, liberals feel that they leaned toward republicans and conservatives felt that they leaned toward democrats. Everyone out there must feel that I bled for George Bush or whomever, that is not the case at all. I will vote for the best qualified candidate, period. Sadly, no matter what you might do to try to convince me, and I mentioned this to Robert more than once, a more qualified challenger did not exist. So. please don't burden me with explanations of being wrong on that front...............let's all work to make this a better country not by wishing but by effort. Oh and Robert, Lincoln was a Republican as you obviously know which only stands to prove that the times (and moreso money) make the rules.

I remember when they were picking on poor Spiro Agnew, he said, "You are nothing but Nattering Nabobs of Negativity". Thats most of what I see or hear, I am looking for positive input and feedback. It's easy to point a finger but the solution begins in our own shoes!!

(So he sighed to himself as he finished and said, "Good God, when will we get off this topic". :roll:
Robert

Post by Robert »

Yep, Lincoln was a Republican--though leader of a Republican Party that was a far cry from the one we see today.

As for a new topic? How about the new fence going up around the ferry dock today? I walked over to took a look at the pieces on the ground, even tapped them with my boot. Hollow as a straw, they is. I know, no one here wanted the thing up, as far as I know--but is that thing really a good use of taxpayer money? Will it make us safer? Or is it just another bureaucrat's silly idea of "port security"?

The floor is open!
Rory Connaghan

Post by Rory Connaghan »

I feel safer allready. Thank you Homeland Security! :D
Julie

Fence around boat dock

Post by Julie »

We'll all look like cattle, hope they don't have a prod to push us along, will it have beams to stop a plane from dropping a bomb, or sensors to detect a missile. And yes this is my attempt at humor. And no I don't want to see it there. And what can I do about it, not a )(*&^%%%$# thing. :roll:

Post by Guest »

I can just see all those terrorists sitting around saying, "Man, we gotta get to that Beaver Island dock and hijack that ferry quickly before they get that fence up."
Robert

Don't fence me in

Post by Robert »

Maybe we could just place Stop signs and Road signs on the new fence: that would virtaully insure that it's knocked down by December.

P.S.--(Hey, Tom Ridge--that was just a joke.)

Re: Fence around boat dock

Post by Guest »

Julie wrote:We'll all look like cattle, hope they don't have a prod to push us along, will it have beams to stop a plane from dropping a bomb, or sensors to detect a missile. And yes this is my attempt at humor. And no I don't want to see it there. And what can I do about it, not a )(*&^%%%$# thing. :roll:
:idea: Maybe it can be used to corral Cherie if she ever comes to the island :lol: