Leaving

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

J.McBain

Leaving

Post by J.McBain »

As some of you may know, I am announcing that I will be leaving my post as the editor of the Charlevoix Courier in the next month or so. I am taking a new job as a special sections editor at the Petoskey News Review.
This means I will no longer be covering the people of Beaver Island for the Charlevoix Courier â?? although we paired back some of that coverage due to recent staffing changes that needed to be addressed.
This does not mean I will no longer be visiting the island. I have many friends out there and enjoy coming over. This also means I will have more time to enjoy the fun of the St. Patrick's Day festivities and not have to worry about getting pictures for the Courier â?? something I look forward to greatly. I look forward to being known as your Scottish bagpiper friend rather than the newspaper guy.
My new position will begin soon after we find a replacement (not an easy task) for me.
McBain
Tara Palmer

Post by Tara Palmer »

Jeremy...how sad I am too hear that you will not be returning for the St. Patrick's Day festivities. Does that mean we'll have to put my Uncle Richie in a kilt??? Good like at your new job! Give me a call if you ever come to Chicago.
Michelle LaFreniere

leaving

Post by Michelle LaFreniere »

Tara, Tara, Tara!!!
Read it again honey.. he's coming, just not with his "official camera". Please don't scare the good people of Beaver Island with the thought of your Uncle Richie in a kilt!!
J.McBain

Oh my

Post by J.McBain »

I can't get that image out of my head. It has been burned into my brain. THE HORROR....THE HORROR.
I will still come if only to spare the good people of Beaver Island of that scene.