Beaver Island relatives

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

cherie

Beaver Island relatives

Post by cherie »

My name is Cherie Eck -Tebo.My grandparents Eugene LeBlanc/White and Agnes Amelia Brown used to live in a house in St. James which is on Beaver Island.

I am looking for anyone who may know where that house was and who owns it now.I was told by Mr. William Cashman that he talked to some old-timers who reside on the Island and was told the house was still there.
Rich

Post by Rich »

Cherie, It depends. There were LeBlance here which I always assumed to be French Canadians and I also knew Big Abe Leblanc who was from Cheboygan but certainly all the Indians in the North End of the lake here had to be connected. I know where the Leblance lived (a man named Sendenberg lived there for many years "Joe MaFroe") but really I could plot it out given some time. I will look at the records and see if I can help you. e-mail me at: gillespie@islecraft.com