From Bishop Steven J. Raica

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

I'm Just The Messenger

From Bishop Steven J. Raica

Post by I'm Just The Messenger »

I am happy to announce that I will ordain Deacon James Siler to the priesthood for the Diocese of Gaylord on Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 1:00 p.m. at Holy Cross Church on Beaver Island. The date coincides with the Feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross, the parishâ??s feast day. Vespers will be held on Wednesday evening, September 13, at 7:00 p.m. also at Holy Cross Church on Beaver Island. Usually priestly ordinations take place at the Cathedral in Gaylord. However, Deacon Siler has been serving as Pastoral Administrator for Holy Cross on Beaver Island for nearly two years and we want to ensure that as many parishioners there as possible can join in the celebration of this special occasion. It will be beautiful and I believe the first time there's been an ordination on Beaver Island. There's a lot of excitement already built up for the ordination. For more information, log on to the Diocese of Gaylord's website.