Baroque on Beaver: An Apology

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Matthew Thomas

Baroque on Beaver: An Apology

Post by Matthew Thomas »

To the Island:

Each difficult situation we face can be an opportunity for something positive, so please allow me to speak for a moment about the Island, Baroque, its musicians and you.

I have come to your home for the past eleven years, and I can tell you I love Beaver Island deeply. I look forward to my return each year, and each year it is a bit more difficult to say goodbye. I have brought my wife and daughter, friends and extended family, and my musical colleagues - they have all been enchanted by this place and could not imagine their lives without it.

All of us at Baroque are keenly aware that we are your guests. We take great pride in the cultural, economic and educational value we try to provide to you each summer. We are delighted to present our events here and for you, and it is with gratitude that we arrive and perform. We revel and immerse ourselves in this place, its nature, people and culture.

Mr. Mooreâ??s heart is in the right place, and I understand his wish to provide music to those who are unable to attend our events. My email had nothing to do with either Mr. Mooreâ??s generosity or capability, and I offer my sincere apology if my words sounded disrespectful as there was no disrespect intended.

As Baroque on Beaverâ??s 16th season comes to a close, I wish to say a heartfelt â??thank youâ?￾ to the Beaver Island community from all of us. To all the year-round residents, the summer folk, the local businesses, sponsors and advertisers, thank you for your hundred-thousand welcomes and great support.  

Until next time,
Matthew Thomas
Festival Manager
Baroque On Beaver