Stolen Chainsaw-Found-Returned

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Gillespie

Stolen Chainsaw-Found-Returned

Post by Gillespie »

Randy Osborn went downstate to put his poor mother in hospice. He has worked in the woods all his life and has always left his chainsaw on the job including the 35 years he has lived here. Some ingratious bastard stole his saw while he was away, his own personal property worth $1300. dollars! If anyone hears ANYTHING in this regard please call the Sheriff or Randy at 2687. What a despicable act............
Last edited by Gillespie on Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
duffer

change

Post by duffer »

gonna have to change his life, i have had things taken right out of my shop so it is locked now cutting off the trustful ones from air etc in an emergency!
duffy
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Sad that the times are a changing :( If the person who stole Randy's saw is caught, contact me and I'll use the saw to trim the "bastard's" limbs :roll: A good lesson learned. :shock: Hopefully it is a mistake and the saw will be returned. :o
Skull&CrossBones
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Chainsaw was taken by a young man who thought it was abandoned! Despite the fact there were freshly cut trees all around! He found it too heavy to carry, set it down and went home only to forget where it was! All well that ends well! Friday evening at 6:45 Randy's mother passed away, funeral this Wednesday. If you see him a kind word or a pat, I'm sure, would be nice!
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Special thanks to Deputy Douglas Edgar who interceded in the search for the chainsaw. He helped to quietly resolve the matter.
ian

Post by ian »

I'm glad it was found. Were there consequences for this person? I hope this isn't the start of things to come.
emy

Post by emy »

Interesting turn of events. A fairytale ending for the whole incident. Good finally everything is settled.