*Yoga M, W, F at the Community Center*

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

lmt

*Yoga M, W, F at the Community Center*

Post by lmt »

This week (and every wk through August) the yoga schedule is M, W, F at 9:30 am, one hour class.

** Please see Therapeutic Yoga post if you have medical concerns.

We are THRILLED to offer the Summer Yoga program again at the beautiful Community Center. This is the 8th summer of donation yoga at the center.
Please join Sue S. and I for yoga this summer. Summer 2016 we had approx. 450 people join us through out the summer for yoga.

Along with sharing this 4,000 + yr. old practice with you, your generous donations for yoga have made an impact on supporting the Community Center for everyone's enjoyment. Everybody wins!

No experience needed for any class, just a willingness to be playful and try the postures. Modifications are always offered.
If you are saying to yourself "I can't do yoga, I am not flexible", only your mind needs to be flexible. We can all do yoga; yoga is for every body!
If you are an active practitioner you can play with your own variations.
As with any physical exercise, you should consult your medical physician if you have any questions.

Your $10 donation will help support the Community Center ~

MONDAY~ BASIC Yoga 9:30 - 10:30 a.m.
Many of the 'staple' postures will be taught with proper alignment and possibly put together in a soft flow. Posture alignment will be explained giving students a greater opportunity to feel comfortable attending this and other yoga classes, and more importantly to keep you safe. This class will help energize your whole body.

Great opportunity for any skill level to learn more about the postures & alignment.

WEDNESDAY~ RESTORATIVE YOGA~ 9:30 - 10:30 a.m.
Amazing benefits for 'restoring' the body and mind using relaxing seated postures holding for longer periods of time while softening the muscles and encouraging passive stretching to work on the deep, dense connective tissues. With continued practice these postures help bring balance & flexibility to the body. We invite you to take the opportunity to nurture your body, mind, and soul. BRING a small pillow and/or large towel if possible. Two standing postures will begin class focusing on muscle action and alignment.

FRIDAY~ BASIC VINYASA ~ 9:30 - 10:30 a.m.
Start your Friday morning off with a yoga flow to energize you for your weekend on the island. Similar to Monday's class with postures put into a basic flow.

* Please arrive 10 minutes early
* Mats, Blocks & straps available
* No perfumes or scents
* Suggested not to eat or drink ONE hour prior to class (maybe a small coffee)
* Bottled water for sale at the counter or bring your own

Classes are donation based. A donation is the sacred act of giving. A suggested donation of $10 a class is requested. Suggested donation means that if you can put $10 in the box, please do. If you are not in a position to do so, contribute what you can. Nobody will be keeping track of individual donations. The $10 donation is not meant as a bottom or a top limitâ?¦ if you are in a position to donate more, it will be greatly appreciated by all who enjoy the Community Center.

Due to many wonderful events occurring at the Community Center we advise you to check the center's web site and forum for schedule changes.

Private sessions and/or group classes are available with me (Lisa) to help refine your practice, work on a specific postures that you'd like, or use private sessions to help you with a specific health issues. I have almost a 1,000 hours of personal training, and I've lost count how many hours of teaching classes. Discount for multiple classes. Thank you!

Any questions please call Lisa at 231-448-3091
Shanti [peace]
Lisa