Introduction and Dogs of Beaver Island

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

jenny.halteman

Introduction and Dogs of Beaver Island

Post by jenny.halteman »

I don't live on Beaver Island but was able to finally visit a couple weeks ago and had a really wonderful time on your charming island and can't wait to return. I met a lot of wonderful people and did as much exploring as I was able to while there.

I am doing some work for Jeff Powers and we decided to start up a Facebook group dedicated to the dogs that live on and visit Beaver Island. This is not only a place to share photos of your dogs but also an outlet to share information about lost pets.

As of now, we have about 30 members in the group but I'd love for it to take off. Mackinac Island has a similar group with over 700 members!

Here's the link to anyone interested: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BIdogs/

In the meantime, I'd like to start being more active on the forums, so if there are posts on the Facebook group that haven't been posted here (about lost pets in particular) I'll cross post them here.

Thanks so much! I look forward to becoming an active member on the forums and can't wait to return to Beaver Island.