How many Islanders do not have health and dental insurance?

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Jeff

How many Islanders do not have health and dental insurance?

Post by Jeff »

Does anyone have a current figure or source for the percentage of year-round Islanders who have health and dental insurance coverage?
ToothLess

My Teeth Hurt Ugh..

Post by ToothLess »

Since Governor Women with the Mole on her Face Cut my Medicare what helped me alot with my Dentisty, its all Gone now thank's Here its all Cash pay now.. :( --Balance the Bugit she say's. Let Us Michigan Folks Teeth Rot maybe she will give Medicade for Iraqy's :p
kstableford

Re: medicaid/medicare cuts

Post by kstableford »

I don't think you pin the medicaid/medicare cuts on Gov. Granholm (at least, not completely). The previous holder of that office left her precious little to work with. As someone who works in social services, it looks to me as if she's doing everything she can to provide as much coverage as possible to people who would otherwise be uninsured/uninsurable/underinsured.!
Unlucky One

The Messed Up Dentistry System

Post by Unlucky One »

ktaylor
It's not funny at all! When your teeth have bad Gean's from your Parent's etc?

I Brush my Teeh well 2 time's a day,and still my Teeth are Roting away :(

It's real Sad when i dont have any extra Cash to pay these Local somewhat, "Greedy Dentist Doctor's" (Example) East Jorden area.

To fix my Teeth :( when they need to be, Before that's all they can do is Pull them out. Witch just make's thing's worse.
Im a 39 yr.old Guy facing this that somebody in FIA office's Or Gov. Granholm CUT Out! and me off, From my Dental Service's.

That ive had since i was 12yrs.old ! It's Just alot Harder Now since Price's have Gone Sky Rocketing since the Last 10yrs. Past. It's Just all Sad and Unfair.
Im sure after all my Hard thinking here went into my Post, Rich or Jeff, will just delete what i typed here Since it's all the Truth anyway's. Yes im Very Unhappy about my Future Dentisty,with what i had in E.J. Many year's now they are only open Part Time now Because of This. :( It's Unfair........
Unlucky one

Post by Unlucky one »

Well that's Life...way it Go's.. so i will :) Now...for some reason..