Island Trails Association - Formation Meeting

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Peaine Township

Island Trails Association - Formation Meeting

Post by Peaine Township »

A Formation Meeting of the Beaver Island Archipelago Trails Association will be held on Tuesday June 6, 7:00 p.m. at the Peaine Township Hall.

The public is invited to join a group interested in forming a Beaver Island Archipelago Trails Association. Its purpose will be to engage in the care, maintenance, and improvement of Beaver Island archipelago trails for recreational use, consistent with pertinent laws. It would also work with the DNR to assure appropriate designation and signage for accessible public lands. Drawing upon other collaborative models for similar trail associations in Michigan, it would eventually hope to secure grants for trail improvement.

The formation of this group has been prompted by constraints limiting the former Trails Committee of Peaine Township. This association would build on the work of the former Committee, which diligently maintained, and improved trails on the island for many years.

Please join us in helping to form and develop plans for this important organization.

Convener
Ken Zick
30120 East Side Dr.
Ph. 231-448-2525
PhilBecker

Post by PhilBecker »

Thank-you for this notification, Ken. I will be attending.
Keith Brothers

BI Trails Meeting

Post by Keith Brothers »

I aim looking forward to re-activating the Beaver Island Trails Committee and working to improve and enhance this beautiful and under utilized island resource.

I hope island residents and seasonal visitors can join us Tuesday evening at 7 pm at the Peaine Township Hall. Come and share what you've done in the past and what your hopes and dreams are for trail usage on Beaver Island in the future. Since this is a voluntary, non governmental organization it will only succeed if there are people willing to give their time and energy as both officers of the new trail association and as trail crew members. Hope to see you there!

Keith Brothers
Keith Brothers

BI Trails Meeting

Post by Keith Brothers »

I aim looking forward to re-activating the Beaver Island Trails Committee and working to improve and enhance this beautiful and under utilized island resource.

I hope island residents and seasonal visitors can join us Tuesday evening at 7 pm at the Peaine Township Hall. Come and share what you've done in the past and what your hopes and dreams are for trail usage on Beaver Island in the future. Since this is a voluntary, non governmental organization it will only succeed if there are people willing to give their time and energy as both officers of the new trail association and as trail crew members. Hope to see you there!

Keith Brothers