requiem for a hummingbird

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

pam moxham

requiem for a hummingbird

Post by pam moxham »

spring is here. I start setting out some garden treasures to welcome the rebirth...a cedar bench here,,,a gazing ball there.. a transplanted lilac here and there.

I recently came across photos of afghans I'd made...winis ,red and whit,e as Lawrence said those were colours she liked..his was white and blue ,,to match his eyes..and carols I freelanced with yellow and green..spring..

I've had cards from carol over the years since she left ..no news just..love bob and carol.

Carol Avery was my neighbor briefly.We clicked .We laughed.We gardened . We had picnics,We plotted and planned.

I called her my hummingbird. She fluttered into my life and blessed me. I learned today she has left this world and gone onto other gardens.

safe travels and thanks for stopping by ..my life is richer for knowing you
cindyr

Post by cindyr »

Oh! I'm so sorry to hear this sad news! Carol was a dear, sweet woman with a tender heart. She often came to visit me at Seven Sisters (she called it "the World Market of Beaver Island"), and we'd chat and drink tea together for hours. My condolences to all who loved her!
Cindy