Shirley

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Bill

Shirley

Post by Bill »

As many of you already know, Shirley went home to be with the Lord Wed. Mar. 15th. Since one of her favorite activities was feeding people, if you would like to do a good deed in memory of her, the Food Pantry would be a fitting choice. Send a little something, (or a big something), to:
Beaver Island Christian Church
Food Pantry
Box 21
Beaver Island, MI 49782
So much more could be said about her, and will be if you bump into me. She loved you, and life on the island, and I thank you all for the love you showed her during her stay here. I will decide about a memorial service when the summer folks return.
Bill Detwiler
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

When ever I partake of a home made pie, smell warm, fresh banana bread and other excellent bake goods, I will remember Shirley. She put love into everything she did for people she knew as well as for strangers. She was a wonderful friend, wife, mother and grandmother. She will be missed and long remembered.
Skull&CrossBones
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Bill, we are very sorry about the loss of your Shirley, her gentle wit and big smile will be missed around here! Let us know of there is something we can do for you! Peace! Richard Laura.
Wes D

The loss of Shirley

Post by Wes D »

Just saw your post about Shirley. Shocked. So very sorry for the loss of your dear wife Shirley. Talked with your wife a few times during the short time that have known you and Shirley. Such a kind person.

We know that your faith is strong in Jesus Christ. May God continue strengthen you and surround you with His Love during this time of grief.

Love,
Wes and Kate DeJonge
Sharolyn

Post by Sharolyn »

Bill, I am so sad to hear that Shirley has passed. Our thoughts are with you.
Sharolyn Hunter
E T

Post by E T »

Bill, Linda and my thoughts and prayers with you and the entire family. Shirley was a special and dear lady who shared herself with the entire Island!! She will be deeply missed.
Ed Troutman
38280 Beaver Drive
Beaver Island, Michigan 49782
duffer

sorry indeed

Post by duffer »

Bill I want to say thnk you for the two of you both being in my life i have learned a lot from both of you, Shirley will be missed in the lives of many of us here and you are in my prayers as you move on alone. God Be With You!
duffy
PhilBecker

Post by PhilBecker »

My dear, dear friend, Will. I just for the first time read this news, and my sorrow for you and the family cannot be described. Such a kind and gentle soul was Shirley and she will be so missed by everyone whose lives she touched. I will always have such wonderful memories of her.

God has most certainly cradled her in his loving arms since the very moment she drew her last earthly breath, he loved her so. She loved him, too, and that was evidenced everyday by the way she led her life.

I look forward to seeing you soon to be able to offer my condolences in person, Will, and want you to lean on me when you need to at any time.

May the peace of Christ be with you,

Phil