Music in the air

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

KJWhitecraft

Music in the air

Post by KJWhitecraft »

Does anyone know who plays (what sounds like) a stand up bass? Not Simeon. The practicing floats through the air to my house. I have looked, as this happens 1or 2 a month.And while I wouldn't mind necessarily, the playing can go on for 12 or more hours constantly,sometimes through the night. So....I would just like to learn where its coming from and meet with this person. Thanks for any help you can give.
K.J. Whitecraft
stardust

could it be

Post by stardust »

Well could it be some type of machine or generator running in the distance or it's someone cranking the music.
KJWhitecraft

Cello not bass

Post by KJWhitecraft »

I wish it were so, but , ranges from scales to god bless America, to parts to silent night. It's curious & I wouldn't complain but it has gone on with only 1 4 hour rest this early morning.None of my neighbors.i wondering if it is carrying from Donnegal Bay??
K.J. Whitecraft
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

I also hear it when winds are blowing out of the south. I think it may be aliens on the top of High Island signaling ET's. I say screw the wall, let's build a dome. :roll: :shock: :D :wink:
Skull&CrossBones
stardust

in the air

Post by stardust »

I sent up a drone to find the the mystery sounds and I found 3 bucks a doe and a raccoon, sipping some shine and playing music
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

I've seen and heard that group. They are Nitty Gritty Dirt Band wan-na-bes and only play Blue Grass, not classical. The good money is still on the High Island aliens. :D :wink: :D
Skull&CrossBones
Beaver Island Gardens

Post by Beaver Island Gardens »

Musical ear syndrome, possibly? Multiple causes. Bummer.
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

It could be MES (musical ear syndrome) but some us remember LSD when we could not only hear wild things but also see them. :roll: :D :shock: :wink:
What happened to the good old days when we simply enjoyed our hallucinations and didn't try to over analyze them. 8)
Skull&CrossBones
Beaver Island Gardens

Post by Beaver Island Gardens »

Tuning in turning on and dropping out may have been swell for you Pirate.How does that address others problems today? You've been sailing off on a far out trip for a long long time. Real people have names, you must content yourself with being a concept. Have a nice trip. :lol:
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

I've been tripping for so long I can't remember where the journey started, where it is going or where I am. I've tossed the map away if there ever was one. What I do know is it has been a hell of a ride and have enjoyed every moment. Hoping the same for everyone else. :D :D :D
Skull&CrossBones
BMcCaw

Post by BMcCaw »

The machinations of the BI pirate are some of my favorite posts. His sardonic wit gets me through the Winter as I dream about a Spring return to the island.
Brendan McCaw
pam moxham

Post by pam moxham »

any uillean pipes ? bodhrans? maybe leprechaun practice for St Pat's?
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Mystery solved, maybe. Sirens have been reported in the dunes on the west side of High Island, casting their songs to passing ships and sailors. The Chicago to Mac race and sailors may be their target for next summer. :shock: :roll: :wink:
Skull&CrossBones
KJWhitecraft

Music in the air

Post by KJWhitecraft »

Thanks everyone for the input. I did research MES & it is fascinating. AlL I know at this point is it seems to occur about once a month for 3-4 days and then it's gone. So... whatever it is ... it does stop..
I think I will be meditating more just for balance.
Maybe it's my march madness...LOL
K.J. Whitecraft