Health Fair - December 1 - 2 to 5 pm

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

BI Rural Health Center

Health Fair - December 1 - 2 to 5 pm

Post by BI Rural Health Center »

Just a reminder to stop by the Health Center on Thursday. We are offering free EKGs, free blood pressure checks and free blood tests that require just a finger-poke for blood glucose, cholesterol and hemoglobin. (You will probably need to change into an exam gown for the EKG.)
This is a low-key way to do a "systems check" before we head into the holidays - New Year's resolution time will be here before we know it!
Even if you don't want any tests, stop by to say hello and pick up information on heart-healthy living for adults and kids. We have door prizes including pocket-size first aid kits, cookbooks and pedometers.
No appointments are necessary - first come, first served. Give us a call at 231-448-2275 if you have any questions. Thank you!
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

What a nice gift from BIRHC to BI for the holidays, one that truly keeps on giving in good health. :D I might just sail over from Whiskey Island and partake. 8) I might even bring a little rum for egg nog. :roll: It looks like we are in for a hard winter. :( I might just move to the Squaw Island light house for the snowy months. :wink:
Skull&CrossBones
BI Rural Health Center

Health Fair Today

Post by BI Rural Health Center »

Hope to see you there!
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

I'll be there. :D :D :D
Skull&CrossBones