"Adult" behavior

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Joey Timsak

"Adult" behavior

Post by Joey Timsak »

I admittedly am not on here much, because I have enough drama and anxiety in real life. With that being said, I typed "Beaver Island, MI" into Google and the Beaver Beacon was one of the first results. Why did I Google Beaver Island? Because I wanted to put myself in the shoes of a tourist looking to spend their hard earned money to visit this slice of paradise. I have to say, the behavior of some on this forum who always seem to make problems where none exist, nitpick, insult other members of the community, and just seem to thrive off drama would be a turnoff for me if I were researching a vacation to the Island. One of the things that I appreciate most about growing up on the island is how close knit the community used to be and how everyone had each other's backs. It seems some still have others' backs, but only to insert a knife. It's actually embarrassing for me to read some of the posts and responses about the most petty topics. It's also a little ridiculous that there are some here that will personally attack or call out those who have served this island for decades (voluntarily in a lot of cases). These instigators have absolutely no interest in helping the Island, unless it benefits them somehow. Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to bring to your attention how being immature on this forum could potentially have a negative impact on tourism.

Joey Timsak
esteger

Post by esteger »

Well said!
Sheri Timsak

Post by Sheri Timsak »

Joey, thank you for standing up for the wonderfully, volunteering, giving people of Beaver Island! I am very proud of the man you are and blessed to be your mom! This is a beautiful paradise that is getting lost with all the hate and negativity of some comments on this forum. It is the first thing that pops up on a persons feed when they google Beaver Island, let's all try to show them the real island, where people give more than they take, and lend a helping hand to those in need, try to be part of the solution, instead of the problem.
Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

Very nicely said! Thank you!
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn
duffer

point

Post by duffer »

thats been my point all along, i live with these folks agree some things need to change but not at the cost of my friendship with people here and to air our dirty laundry to the rest of thew world, my point has always been were not perfect and were not great unless we can embrace everyone on this forum or the world, pride aside and i am not perfect, but i try to love everyone, is that not what jesus asked? i agree with brian, lets all grow up here today!
duffy